Leaving my boat on the Great Ouse

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

I need to leave Cygnet on the Great Ouse for 5 or 6 days from Friday. Preferably in the Huntingdon area, but anywhere with public transport will do. The only marina I've asked at seemed expensive to me (especially after Bill Fen!), but perhaps there is a going rate round here. None of the boat clubs are affiliated to the AWCC.

Last time I left it on a GOBA mooring for 3 days instead of the maximum 48 hours, with no probem, but this is twice that. Grateful for any suggestions/local knowledge.

We left Fulbourne on the public moorings in the backwater at St Ives for a week a few years ago.

That's where I am at this moment, but on the EA mooring at the Dolphin. All the EA moorings are 48 hours, including this one, but I don't know how well they they are policed (although the real police have in fact just been called to a group 'harassing boaters' along the riverbank)

There are some private moorings behind Brampton Mill and some spaces in front of the pub.Don't know who owns the moorings at the back but you could try the pub on 01480459758.

Edited by JDR

We over wintered at Hartford Marina about 5 years ago. It wasn't the cheapest but not outrageously expensive.

Otherwise, why not ask John at the Old Bridge Hotel. Spend enough at the wine shop or the restaurant and it should be OK.

Or there is the council moorings in the backwater at Godmanchester. No actual signs of time limits as far as I recall.

Edited by pearley

That's where I am at this moment, but on the EA mooring at the Dolphin. All the EA moorings are 48 hours, including this one, but I don't know how well they they are policed (although the real police have in fact just been called to a group 'harassing boaters' along the riverbank)

There's a long stretch of GOBA moorings just up from there and an easy walk into St Ives.

Bill Fen £13 for 5 days

St Ives Boathaven £12 per day.

Thanks to those who replied. Apparently Hartford Marina have a weekly rate based on length. I'll pop in there tomorrow.

I would expect a tenner a night, that is what I paid on the Nene

Bill Fen £13 for 5 days

St Ives Boathaven £12 per day.

Thanks to those who replied. Apparently Hartford Marina have a weekly rate based on length. I'll pop in there tomorrow.

I dont think £12 per night is out of the way!!

We have just been paying anywhere between £14 and £22 per night for a 23ft boatblink.png

Nether very good for public transport

Missed that!

West view at earith?

Or join the shit bags clogging up the visitors moorings at Ely, if you can't beat em join em etc :-(

Hartford as mentioned above, Jones in St Ives?

That's not so bad, glad your sorted.

Shame the pub burnt down. It was an average 2 for a tenner type place but handy if you fancied a night off cooking duty.

But no proper beer when we moored there. Fortunately the King of the Belgium's is only a short walk away.

But no proper beer when we moored there. Fortunately the King of the Belgium's is only a short walk away.

We are doing less pub visits this year. Beer fund is being dented by the little ones milk habit :-)

Trip over from the Nene has seen us at Woolpack Stanground, cutter at Ely, five miles from anywhere at upware and the lazy otter on the old west.

Keeping more stock on the boat to compensate!

Edited by gazza