Leicester ring holiday

jacko264

Featured Posts

Hi All

We have just got back home from a fantastic two weeks doing the Leicester ring .

We started from Coventry basin and headed out in a anti clockwise direction down to Braunston

We then carried on to foxton flight and a right hand turn up to market harborough on the way back we stopped at foxton locks and spent some time in the museum

Then it was the fun time or we thought it would be up to Leicester with all we had read on here

we were very surprised on the condition of the canal how clean it was only a small amount of rubbish near the space center.

And on to the river section's which we thought where great

slowly making our way back to the Coventry canal and coming back to hawkesbury junction and back to the basin

The only problem now is we have to go back to work on Monday

so red lights where not on then and I do know it had levels at barrow upon soar where the water ran onto the land or is that not in flood ?

I spoke to a few hirers who could not do the ring as planned.

Hi Jacko264 (and all - my first posting)

We are setting off from Excellence at Coventry basin in a couple of weeks. Only one week's holiday, so a gentle out and back. Just wondered how far you got (i.e. where you overnighted) in the first couple of days. I thought maybe around Brinklow (or Ansty?) and the top of Braunston.

Graham

Hi Graham

We set of from Coventry too the thing with Excellence is you don't set off until the after noon so you don't get far the first day .

we stopped to get groceries at the big tescos first its about 1 hr from Coventry bridge 8

Then we carried on to Hawkesbury junction and stopped there the night The gray hound pub food is first class [ try the spare ribs ]

The next night we stopped between Rugby and Hillmorton

We where not in a hurry as we had 14 days to do it

What is the name of your boat ?

we had Thames vally

Graham

Thanks for that Graham. I'll manage my expectations down a bit.

Ours is Hope Valley - it looks very good "on paper"...I hope it is, as I've managed to tempt the Mrs out of canal retirement with the promise of luxury afloat!

Was your boat in good nick?

Graham

Hi Graham

Yes the boat we had was very nice and was in very good condition

If you look at the list of boats you can do a virtual tour of the boat we had

We will use this company again

Graham

ps

some of there boats have just been repainted with there new address on the side our's had the old address on

http://valleycruises.smartvirtualtours.com/thamesvalley/

Edited by jacko264