How can some get away from paying for a license

Featured Posts

That's easy. When you've just caved in and stumped up £900 for a licence, you want to make sure everyone else is buying theirs too!

It's the same reason home moorers get snitty about CCers who CM instead of paying for a mooring.

Just sayin', like.

MtB

Have a green thing.....I suggest that all the people on here that are so well off that they don't care who pays and who doesn't offer to pay someone else's licence....I'm happy to accept if anyone would like to pay for mine next year!....please form an orderly queue....

Cheers

Gareth

CRT have indicated at the highest level in meetings that provided they can identify a boat from its index number they have no interest in seeing paper licences displayed, and no longer make any use of them when boat checking.

They would very much like to discontinue paper licences, and apparently it is only people like you obsessed with the fact that people are not displaying up to date ones that makes them shy away from this obvious cost saving.

(Just saying, like!).

However, certajnky on the River Trent manned locks our policy is no license no passage. And whilst there was a plan to put pocket links like PDAs in all manned locks. But not enough money!

So if no license is displayed and enquires dint get good answers then. .......

• Greenie 1

However lots of folk do actually have licences but just don't bother to display them for some reason (a rebellious or anarchic streak perhaps?). Presuming the boat has a visible index number (which is a requirement) you can go onto the CRT website to their boat checking page and see for yourself if it has a licence. Chances are it will have.

Do you have a link for that?

Have a green thing.....I suggest that all the people on here that are so well off that they don't care who pays and who doesn't offer to pay someone else's licence....I'm happy to accept if anyone would like to pay for mine next year!....please form an orderly queue....

Cheers

Gareth

Thank you kindly!

Ange will buy your next licence for you. She's obviously loaded, whatever she claims! :)

MtB

According to Nigel Moore, CRT are entitled to blow up offending boats (ie with dynamite) so be sure to pay your licence or else .... Boom!

I’m really not sure whether I should correct this too sweeping [as it affects England & Wales, anyway] misunderstanding.

Perhaps I will just let it ride. Nothing like incentives . . .

Thank you kindly!

Ange will buy your next licence for you. She's obviously loaded, whatever she claims! smile.png

MtB

It weren't just me matey! Starry agreed with me so does that mean she's loaded too?

I think she might have something to say about that!

I’m really not sure whether I should correct this too sweeping [as it affects England & Wales, anyway] misunderstanding.

Perhaps I will just let it ride. Nothing like incentives . . .

Please don't correct it, I'm hoping to stay awake for a few hours yet

biggrin.png

MtB

(Edit to quote Nige, to whom I wuz replying.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Cool I will wait for her to ask for my paypal details to send the money too.......

Cheers

Gareth

If you're having money problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but someone's licence ain't one.

Edited by Starcoaster
  • Greenie 1

If you're having money problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but someone's licence ain't one.

Well if someone else not paying means your licence costs more to cover any shortfall to CRT and you don't mind that then good for you...please feel free to share all that money you have around....

Oh and if that was supposed to be a witty popular music reference I'm afraid it's wasted on me.

Cheers

Gareth

CRT are always looking for volunteer data checkers now's your chance. Their own figures show that license evasion is around 4% which they consider acceptable and that to drive it lower would not be worth the resources required.

Oh and if that was supposed to be a witty popular music reference I'm afraid it's wasted on me.

Cheers

Gareth

Well, not "ways to leave your lover" - there were only 50 of them.

So it must be the red balloons - topical now the Ukrainian version has come out.

I got 99 problems but someone's licence ain't one.

And don't you forget it. :)

All these long woody words and no one has mentioned discombobulated.

Edited by mark99