How can some get away from paying for a license

Featured Posts

... because they live on it what action could they take?

See the thread about CRT court cases. According to Nigel Moore, CRT are entitled to blow up offending boats (ie with dynamite) so be sure to pay your licence or else .... Boom!

The other day a boat passed me with two (different) index numbers. Does that mean they've paid twice? Does that mean they can claim extra privileges? Is this a faciilty that CRT have failed to come clean about? We deserve to be told!

The other day a boat passed me with two (different) index numbers. Does that mean they've paid twice? Does that mean they can claim extra privileges? Is this a faciilty that CRT have failed to come clean about? We deserve to be told!

That is the obvious way around the "no return within x days" mooring restrictions!

I am sat with other boaters that have been looking at your replies well done you have put them off joining this forum

Gordon Bennett, look at that boatrace, If I weren't on the Apple and pears I wouldn't Adam and Eve it...

Adam,

People are being snitty with you because there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of posts on this forum discussing the questions you are asking, posted over the years.

Try having a search and read some of the existing posts explaining the issues.

See you back here in about a year! (Because that's how long it will take to read everything already written on the subject.)

MtB

Chances are one is a Bridgewater index number and one a CRT

I just don't understand why anyone would be peering at boat windows to check whether their licence was in date rather than enjoying the view.

Does the OP look at car tax discs as well to check they're in date?

I just don't understand why anyone would be peering at boat windows to check whether their licence was in date rather than enjoying the view.

I found the Llangollen to be a very attractive canal

Richard

That's easy. When you've just caved in and stumped up £900 for a licence, you want to make sure everyone else is buying theirs too!

It's the same reason home moorers get snitty about CCers who CM instead of paying for a mooring.

Just sayin', like.

MtB

• Greenie 2

Adam,

People are being snitty with you because there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of posts on this forum discussing the questions you are asking, posted over the years.

Try having a search and read some of the existing posts explaining the issues.

See you back here in about a year! (Because that's how long it will take to read everything already written on the subject.)

MtB

thank you mike but if people have seen it before why bother giving snidey comments instead of a helpful reply

I suppose for them wot does it makes a change from reading the Daily Wail.

thank you mike but if people have seen it before why bother giving snidey comments instead of a helpful reply

'Snidey'. Another GREAT word!

The answer is, because you've been too lazy to search. Why should I type out all the long and involved answers YET AGAIN?

MtB