Featured Posts

What's the basic price for this size please... And any good deals at mo. ? unsure.png Probably not... but worth asking on here I've seen £27 or thereabouts is this the going price? Cheers

The price for 13kg propane is £27-25p direct from Calor. Other suppliers may be cheaper, some supply 11kg bottles, others may still have old stock. Just remember that all gas comes from the same "hole" in the ground, the name on the bottle means nothing. If you go to Immingham you will see every tanker brand queuing to fill from the same fill point.

Phil

£22 at the caravan park at Fradley junction.

At that price its doubtful they are making a profit unless they have stock which they paid the old price for (price rose in April)

Phil

Not really true calor has been pretty good compared to domestic gas.

where we buy has pretty consistant pricing.

We used to have a Flo gas bottle as well as 2 x Calor, Flo gas bottles are less weight though 11kilos rather than 13kilos I think, so they may seem cheaper. We also found that in this area there are very few Flo Gas outlets, and now we have gas delivered directly to the boat it's best to have the 3 all Calor.

The price for 13kg propane is £27-25p direct from Calor. Other suppliers may be cheaper,..............snip

This is the price I paid 2 days ago at a boatyard.

First time I have been asked "is it a bottle from Calor Gas?". They said they would not exchange for a full bottle if the empty was not so marked.

This is the price I paid 2 days ago at a boatyard.

First time I have been asked "is it a bottle from Calor Gas?". They said they would not exchange for a full bottle if the empty was not so marked.

The reason for this is that bottles cost in excess of £40-00 and Calor in particular are very hard on anyone in possesion of their bottles, years ago I was commercial manager for a Elf_Flexi gas filling plant and we would on occasion have a Calor guy peering through bins into our compound to see if we had any of their bottles. I do hear people saying they paid for their cylinder but the fact is they only paid a deposit. Other gas suppliers take a less robust veiw of things.

Phil