Volunteering section

DHutch

Featured Posts

Yes maybe we should have a volunteering section on the forum??

Great idea John, I really like what Amy is doing, proper action. There are a few London Boaters that are up to some good things as well.

I'll report your post (positively) so the Mods see it.

Good Idea. Any other interest in such a section?

Daniel

HHMM as a volunteer for one of the Canal & River Trust Explorers educational teams I do think it could be a good idea but some using this forum would, possibly, use it to bash volunteering and Canal & River volunteers in particular because that already happens occasionally in other threads. But no harm in giving it a go to see how it progresses.

Pete

HHMM as a volunteer for one of the Canal & River Trust Explorers educational teams I do think it could be a good idea but some using this forum would, possibly, use it to bash volunteering and Canal & River volunteers in particular because that already happens occasionally in other threads. But no harm in giving it a go to see how it progresses.

Pete

I think a lot of people would volunteer given the chance but opportunities are not that well advertised. I know that some will say that we advertised here and advertised there but there are so many advertising outlets that they tend to reach only a small proportion of the community.

Instead of putting on here just the odd event, maybe some links will produce a better response.

I do hope that this thread will throw up some opportunities to those that want to volunteer.

I think a lot of people would volunteer given the chance but opportunities are not that well advertised. I know that some will say that we advertised here and advertised there but there are so many advertising outlets that they tend to reach only a small proportion of the community.

Instead of putting on here just the odd event, maybe some links will produce a better response.

I do hope that this thread will throw up some opportunities to those that want to volunteer.

You are probably right. Canal & River Trust do advertise their volunteering opportunities quite extensively on their website but, obviously, you have to have an interest in canals (not neccessarily boating) to know that. I also do volunteer work for the RNIB and I had to go and find that by looking at a "giving my time" website. Googling volunteering opportunities is a good way to see what is available although I admit that I haven't seen much, if anything, about C&RT other than on their website.

I do think a volunteering section on here would be good to try to see how it goes initially. But I still stand my fear that it will open up potential volunteers and present volunteers to some form of "volunteer bashing." We shall see.

Pete

• 4 months later...