Featured Posts

Thanks Richard,

I have tried Dave at Russell Newbery, and I'm a member of the RN Register, but to no avail, hence the post!

Mark

Bizarre if they can't supply one, when they are aiming to supply new engines.

Is there a specific question you need answering?

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Hi All,

Does anyone have a DM2 workshop manual for purchase, loan, etc. or know where to get one?

Many thanks,

Mark

Try the manuals page on Internal Fire site. www.internalfire.com/index.php?loadf=93&sid=56bf48118f48fbc8443dff57ffc6526a They have the RN Dx and the National D Need to register, but it is free and access to manuals is also free, though a donation would be appreciated no doubt.

N

Try the manuals page on Internal Fire site. www.internalfire.com/index.php?loadf=93&sid=56bf48118f48fbc8443dff57ffc6526a They have the RN Dx and the National D Need to register, but it is free and access to manuals is also free, though a donation would be appreciated no doubt.

N

Only the RN DX1/RD1 (industrial and marine auxiliary) manual available from them which will be of some help. Well worth registering anyway though.

Does anyone have a DM2 workshop manual for purchase, loan, etc. or know where to get one?

Although vastly superior to an RN version of course, would a National DM2 Workshop Manual be of use?

I have it on computer so can email it if you need one.

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all your help:

Rob: I have asked Pooks, no reply as yet... I will post here as and when...

Tim: Thank you, I'm really looking for how to look after my DM2 (not really anything specific) just in case I miss something; RN's lack of workshop manuals appears to be 1) being out of stock, and 2) issues with the printers.

Thanks BEngo, and 'by'eck' for your added contribution, I will hang fire :-) for the mo - but great to have the info...

CanalChef - yes please! They do say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.. If you could email the National version that'd be fab: nameandaddresssupplied@runbox.com - many thanks indeed!

I guess (like the engines) it'd be a carbon copy?

Many thanks all, happy boating!

Mark

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all your help:

Rob: I have asked Pooks, no reply as yet... I will post here as and when...

Tim: Thank you, I'm really looking for how to look after my DM2 (not really anything specific) just in case I miss something; RN's lack of workshop manuals appears to be 1) being out of stock, and 2) issues with the printers.

Thanks BEngo, and 'by'eck' for your added contribution, I will hang fire :-) for the mo - but great to have the info...

CanalChef - yes please! They do say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.. If you could email the National version that'd be fab: nameandaddresssupplied@runbox.com - many thanks indeed!

I guess (like the engines) it'd be a carbon copy?

Many thanks all, happy boating!

Mark

Did you receive the copy via my email?

I can only throw a comment back.

Firstly RN have over the last 3 years provided all parts required, gears, head, rings, grommets, gaskets, bolts by return of post or off the self.

Your comment re them not having something available appear ill informed. Certain items may not be off the shelf, but Dave will invariably try and help

and even manufacture. What then puts people off is the "price" for custom made. There is a cost to older engines, but non availability is not the issue.

As too maintenance.

a Dm2 and 3 are similar. change engine oil every 100 hours or so, suggest oil filter at the same time. Check every day before departure that level is in range

Fuel filter - again once a year, more if you do longer trips.

Check tappets several times a year.

Air filter - clean and check the gauze,

Walter / antifreeze - check level daily, change annually

Water pump - depending on type = grease all bits daily before setting off is the best advise..

I do have the RN manual. its not a big document !

As too maintenance.

a Dm2 and 3 are similar. change engine oil every 100 hours or so, suggest oil filter at the same time. Check every day before departure that level is in range

Fuel filter - again once a year, more if you do longer trips.

Check tappets several times a year.

Air filter - clean and check the gauze,

Walter / antifreeze - check level daily, change annually

Water pump - depending on type = grease all bits daily before setting off is the best advise..

I do have the RN manual. its not a big document !

Wheras the National DM2 seems NOT to be similar in many respects:

Engine oil change recommended every 550 hours (100 hours may mean changing the oil every week or two!)

No need to CHANGE the oil filter.

I check the tappets once a year.

No air filter

No antifreeze

The National Manual is 37 A4 pages.

Sounds more like interpretation...

and how many hours a week is a user thing.. but @ 100 hours,,

oil filter may easily last a change or two,

oil filter metal gauze is course scale,,,

antifreeze in coolant as a new block is eye wateringly expensive...