Boater With Home Mooring - Court Action Started.

Featured Posts

It would seem to others, CRT especially, that he IS breaking the rules.

Surely the whole point of this action is to find out if this bloke is breaking the rules, or not, by asking the court for a ruling.

MtB

It should be remembered that CaRT and their solicitors, initially tried to make this an undisputed hearing rather than asking for a ruling. The difference is considerable.

No, I believe that Mr Dunkerly has just such a mooring. The issue is that he doesn't seem to like his mooring and chooses to use visitor moorings instead

Why don't you read earlier posts before repeating previously made ill informed speculation? I have never moored on a VM with my present boat since buying it.

Why don't you read earlier posts before repeating previously made ill informed speculation? I have never moored on a VM with my present boat since buying it.

I don't see why you should not use visitor moorings. We are "all" entitled to use them.

In fact given the present state of affairs on some parts of the system, visitor moorings will possibly be the "only" place to moor in future.

Where did you get that idea from Steve?

Probably from me.

I've been noting how long uncut sections of bankside on the K&A are getting signs saying "Nature Reserve, NO MOORING", and predicting this will spread over the whole system eventiually. When this happens, VMs will be the only politically correct places to moor in order to protect the voles, wild flowers etc.

The final step will be to charge the captive market £10 a night to moor on the VMs.

Just my pet conspiracy theory. It may never happen!

MtB

I don't see why you should not use visitor moorings. We are "all" entitled to use them.

In fact given the present state of affairs on some parts of the system, visitor moorings will possibly be the "only" place to moor in future.

Yes we are, but C&RT claimed at one point to be taking action against me for overstaying on VM's . . . more info. on Post 352

Probably from me.

I've been noting how long uncut sections of bankside on the K&A are getting signs saying "Nature Reserve, NO MOORING", and predicting this will spread over the whole system eventiually. When this happens, VMs will be the only politically correct places to moor in order to protect the voles, wild flowers etc.

The final step will be to charge the captive market £10 a night to moor on the VMs.

Just my pet conspiracy theory. It may never happen!

MtB

And if that actually happened Mike, there would be hundreds of boats cruising through the night because they cannot find anywhere to moor. The K&A would seem to be an exception, when I was volunteering for the K&A Trust there was something almost amounting to paranoia amongst BW staff about Voles, to the extent that people stopped reporting sightings for fear that anothe section of bank woud be made off limits.

That was all more than ten years ago, and i haven't seen the pracrice extend to other canals yet. If anything, my experience suggests that there seem to be more (non VM) spaces for mooring in many places than in the past.

Edited by David Schweizer

In which case, I will correct myself.

You don't moor on formal VMs, but you do moor to the towpath.

paranoia amongst BW staff about Voles, to the extent that people stopped reporting sightings for fear that anothe section of bank would be made off limits.

There seem to be more (non VM) spaces for mooring in many places than in the past.

Non-Vole-Molesting, I assume?

Edited by Athy

I don't see the significance of that statement, unless TD claims he doesn't, which I don't think he did.

TD appears to believe that the fact that he is continually occupying public moorings that are not formal VMs, rather than occupying VMs means that it is OK.

Bridge Hopping is Bridge Hopping

TD appears to believe that the fact that he is continually occupying public moorings that are not formal VMs, rather than occupying VMs means that it is OK.

Just for the sake of clarity could you explain what you mean by bridge hopping when it comes to a boat with a home mooring? And to make it even clearer a link to any relevant law would be very useful

If you are continuously cruising are you not continually occupying "public moorings" I assume this is just towpath.

If you have a home mooring and move every 14 days at what stage do you not conform with the Act under which CRT runs the waterways? Surely this is the point here as opposed to whether we approve of an individuals chosen cruising pattern or not.

When did this word appear in the accusations ?

According to TD he is accused of :-

...........insufficient use of my home mooring and overstaying on nearby VM's . . . they had to give up with this one after they were obliged to admit in writing that one of the places where I am frequently seen to be moored are not VM's at all, and my other much used spot is against land owned by the Environment Agency

Accused of overstaying on VMs - subsequently retracted.

So your interpretation of "frequently seen" becomes "Continually"

Give the guy a break - until he is either found innocent or guilty and then discuss the reasons why it has gone the way it has.

. I bet he,s chuffed your not the judge in this case you,ve come to a guilty verdict without even reading any of the previous 21 pages A bell end is a bell end

All this legal messing about surely if CRT gets its act together then everything will be covered by terms and conditions of licence which we either accept or remove boat from CRT waters.

It's been conclusively shown earlier in the thread that CRT have no right to impose conditions for granting a licence beyond having insurance and a BSS.

MtB

But having insurance is the law seems you do not really follow the thread you do a lot of posting in you should try and keep to the facts
  • Greenie 1

All this legal messing about surely if CRT gets its act together then everything will be covered by terms and conditions of licence which we either accept or remove boat from CRT waters.

Are you proposing that C&RT can write anything in their T&C's (even if it is illegal) and we either adhere to it or get off C&RT waters ?

So - if the DVLA decided that as a condition of taxing/licensing your car you could only drive on Motorways on a Friday and must maintain a speed of 90 miles an hour, or you were not allowed to park within 5 miles of your house, you would accept it or get rid of your car ?

Sorry - poor analogies but brain frustrated by such a blinkered view of reality - sad really.

BUT why can they not impose terms and conditions it is upto the individual to accept or not surely same as going into a pub that has a dress code or having a car on the public highway .One is landlords terms &conditions the other is law .

BUT why can they not impose terms and conditions it is upto the individual to accept or not surely same as going into a pub that has a dress code or having a car on the public highway .One is landlords terms &conditions the other is law .

And there you have it waterways are subject to law as set out by parliament