Interzone on top of hempadur?

Featured Posts

Hi , I arranged for my boat to be hydro blasted and then coated with interzone 954. Today I went to check on progress just at the point when the guys were unloading the paint to discover they were planning to put hempadur on first and the interzone on top. I explained this was not what I had agreed with the boss and was expecting interzone only at 500 microns. I was told that they had experienced adhesion problems with interzone and now routinely used hempadur 2 pack on the ginger metal and then put the interzone on top.

Does anyone have an informed view on the suitability of this? I'm totally out of my depth, It's not a cheap job and I need it to last.

Thanks

Simone

Why wasn't this raised when you first booked the job, surely they knew then?? Does this mean less thickness of interzone, or more cost due to the hempadur addition.

Apparently it doesn't change the price, not surprising since hempadur is about a quarter of the price of interzone, I suspect it does mean less thickness of interzone although this has been denied. I was told that they had recently had problems with interzone and have started to using this method recently, I don't know why this was not discussed especially as they knew I would be present, my only consolation is that they do do a lot of the large sea going and fishing vessels locally.

I would ensure that I have insurance backed guarantees on the work. Sorry this does not answer your direct question.

Yes, good idea, wish I'd thought of that earlier!