Sad day on Abacus

Daiboy

Featured Posts

I do not really know why I'm sharing this sad news but I suppose I am just getting my head round it and if I type it out, it will become reality and it's then something to face up to and accept.

You don't have to reply.

After 15 years of good companionship, fun and laughter my dog Minty died today. She was well known and well liked where I lived before giving up bricks and mortar and well liked by those I met when living on my boat. She didn't suffer and died peacefully on the table at the vets.

RIP old mate.

5 Just planted some spuds small

6 Just Dug Em Up again small

7 All planted Out small

Watermans Dogs3

Heart goes out to you its so sad to loose a trusted friend. just focus on the good times you had together and all the joy Minty brought you.it takes time to get over the loss look after your self and keep busy

Really sorry to hear this. All dogs are special to their owners, they are our special friends, who are always interested in whatever we are doing. It's always very hard to accept and come to terms with. Only you will know whether the best way of coping is to get another dog. sad.png

There is nothing wrong in feeling sadness and grief over the loss of Minty: there is nothing wrong in sharing here if it helps with that sadness and grief. Pets entire our lives and tear our hearts when they leave again.

RIP Minty, you did well for her, and she loved you for it

Patrick

Other dog owners will understand why you have chosen to post this sad news. As somebody who prefers dogs to many people, I know exactly how you feel. When the pain eases, you will have many happy memories of Minty. I grew up with two dogs that looked like Minty (Westy?) and know what characters they are.

So sorry for your loss. Our furry friends entwine themselves into our lives - it's so sad that we have them for such a relatively short period of time. Feel proud that you gave your friend a loving home for 15 years.

We've only had our Millie for 4 years but I couldn't imagine life without her.

That is really sad news.

I do know how you feel, having lost one very old boy and one very young one. Dogs have a canny knack of wheedling their little way into and under your skin, they do become part of the family, they establish their little routines, each one being different per dog, but 'their' routine none the less.

You will miss your dog terribly.....and in time you will decide if you need to get another one.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I've always thought that we develop unique relationships with our animal companions - for their love and devotion to us is completely unconditional, and in return they naturally expect our love and devotion to them to be equally unconditional.

And for most of us - that is most certainly true.

So, as you meant everything to Minty, it is perfectly understandable that she meant so very much to you.

You will miss her, but I've always found that concentrating on those memories of all the fun times, the japes and clowning, the mischevious and the loving, will create a final bond - and a bond to be cherished.

Many many pf use understand exactly how you feel, for although there's only been one Minty in your life, there are emotions that we share.

Shed a tear, shed huge puddles of tears - it's perfectly alright - it's the human thing to do when we lose a partner. Eventually we feel better for it. Grieving will bring relief and, eventually, joy - a joy in memories.

So sad to hear this, but it sounds like minty didn't suffer and you did everything you could. Those of us whose lives are entwined with animals know that somehow we get through the losses and as time goes on we think of the fond memories they have left us with.

In time you will look back and smile when something reminds you of minty, take care.

Run Free Minty.

Forever loved.

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this----the last battle can't be won,
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test,
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so,
When the time comes, please let me go,
Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only stay with me till the end,
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see,
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do for me,
Although my tail its last has waved
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do:
We've been close --- we two--these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears

Edited by 8 Hairy Feet

Bad luck fella. It is very sad to lose such a pal but it is the price to br paid for all the good times. Our little chap looks very similar to Minty and a good digger too.

It takes time and as said above only you will know if or when you want another but they are never replaced just a new companion with a different personality and good times to share. But remember the good times with Minty always.

Sorry to hear of your loss, dogs do not judge, they accept us for who we are, they take part us us when they pass and it takes time to adjust to loss.

Remember the good times, the quirky individuality that was Minty. No other dog can substitute that. Another dog will have different attributes, grieve first then decide.

Edited by patty-ann