Aldi HD Satellite 12volt kit

pig

Featured Posts

As per title:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-26th-june/product-detail/ps/p/hd-portable-satellite-kit/?pk_campaign=uk_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2014-06-23_16-41

12 volt, mounting and dish, all cables and connectors, satellite finder, carrying case £59.99.

Available from Thursday June 26.

HTH

Neil

Sounds like a bargain to me.

3 year warranty too, what's not to like?

As per title:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-26th-june/product-detail/ps/p/hd-portable-satellite-kit/?pk_campaign=uk_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2014-06-23_16-41

12 volt, mounting and dish, all cables and connectors, satellite finder, carrying case £59.99.

Available from Thursday June 26.

HTH

Neil

There are posts on here from when this offer was on last time. search Aldi Satellite in forums

this is just one of them

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56591&hl=%2Baldi+%2Bsatellite

There are posts on here from when this offer was on last time. search Aldi Satellite in forums

this is just one of them

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56591&hl=%2Baldi+%2Bsatellite

To be fair these things only come up about once a year and it's "when they're gone, they're gone" so a due to a bit of indecision and I missed out last time, so it is well worth someone posting when they do come up. Plus we all get to find out a year later if they turned out to be any good or not, anyone had any experiences good ot bad?

K

Sounds like a bargain to me.

3 year warranty too, what's not to like?

I bought one of these kits from Aldi. The dish and LNB are fine but the decoder is a piece of crap. Mine lasted about 3 months and I replaced it with a proper domestic one from Currys for 50 quid that can be run from mains or 12v.

Edited by blackrose

I bought one of these kits from Aldi. The dish and LNB are fine but the decoder is a piece of crap. Mine lasted about 3 months and I replaced it with a proper domestic one from Currys for 50 quid that can be run from mains or 12v.

Out of interest why did you not make use of the three year warranty?

Out of interest why did you not make use of the three year warranty?

Because I wanted to keep the dish. It would have been easy enough to find another dish, but finding a small one with a sucker mount isn't so easy without buying an entire portable kit and that would have cost just as much.

The domestic mains decoders are much better than the portable 12v jobs and some will run off 12v.

Edited by blackrose

My experience is similar to Blackrose's. The receiver or remote went wrong after a year or so, but the tuner was rubbish - finds hundreds of channels, mostly useless. Bought a replacement from Maplins which was total rubbish, took it back for a refund and bought a proper HD Freesat tuner from Curry's for about £30 which works really well.

ETA: Dish and sat finder work fine, but suction base lost its grip after a couple of years so fitted a mag mount base from Martin(?) the sat man.

Edited by dor

Bought one last time they were on sale. Not the best - like others have mentioned it find loads of useless channels making it difficult to find the channels you want.

Having said that it is of reasonable quality for what it cost. - Expensive enough for it to do its job to an acceptable standard but cheap enough that you feel that you've got value for money. If you get my drift.

Only problem is the Astra satellite is very low down on the horizon so even a fairly high hedge will cut the signal. Something you won't find out until you have set the kit up!

Now that I know that canals are not the best locations to pick up satellite I would have spend my money on a extension pole set for the digital aerial instead. wink.png

Going early tomorrow morning to my local Aldi to buy a Satellite kit for my narrowboat, went down earlier today to be told that they only have 2 in stock for sale tomorrow morning, I'll be in the queue from 7.30am.

Does anyone on the forum have any idea where I could source a magnetic sheet to stick to the roof of my boat so that the dish can suction onto it, I previously had one but lost it over the side. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by willie5094

Does anyone on the forum have any idea where I could source a magnetic sheet to stick to the roof of my boat so that the dish can suction onto it, I previously had one but lost it over the side. Thanks in advance for the help.

Why the magnetic sheet, it comes with a suction cup which should stick to a boat roof unless you have antislip paint? If you have then I'd see if you could replace the suction cup with a magnet, I got some really powerful magnet out of an old set of stereo speakers to hold a pole rack on the roof.

K

Why the magnetic sheet, it comes with a suction cup which should stick to a boat roof unless you have antislip paint? If you have then I'd see if you could replace the suction cup with a magnet, I got some really powerful magnet out of an old set of stereo speakers to hold a pole rack on the roof.

K

Yip you have hit the nail on the head, I have anti slip paint, would love to replace the suction cup with a magnet. Incidentally Martyn from Travelsat is sending me a magnetic sheet, but would much prefer a powerful magnet.

Hello to all you good people of the cut.

Success.

The dam cheep thing works a blinking treat.

Can't believe it.

Absolutely gob smacked.

A bit on the old monkey metal side with elcheapio recycled carrier bag plastic bits but what a star buy.

Great purchase.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Well happy.

Toodles.

ETA: Dish and sat finder work fine, but suction base lost its grip after a couple of years so fitted a mag mount base from Martin(?) the sat man.

I found that if you spit on the underside of the suction mount and smear around, it works really well and stays stuck.

You likee Chinky sat dlish, Chinky stluff vely glood, no glow rong flor glong timee. mellow.png

Racist! :)

Edited by blackrose

I found that if you spit on the underside of the suction mount and smear around, it works really well and stays stuck.

Racist!

Tankee me nlot gee gees likee. me nlot glo Asclot, Epsum, me savee monee.

Racist! smile.png

Why the smilie? As someone with a 50% Chinese grandson I find the word "Chinky" as offensive as the so-called "N" word.

Why the smilie? As someone with a 50% Chinese grandson I find the word "Chinky" as offensive as the so-called "N" word.

Hey weeble not offense old chap. Its how perhaps some Chinese would try to use English slang.to be sociable, I've heard them say it themselves whilst in English company.

Going early tomorrow morning to my local Aldi to buy a Satellite kit for my narrowboat, went down earlier today to be told that they only have 2 in stock for sale tomorrow morning, I'll be in the queue from 7.30am.

Never got one, both of them sold out never got there on time. No canal boats in my neck of the woods so it must have been caravanners.

I have to say that I am very impressed however there seems to be an excessive number of holiday channels which seem only to offer package tours in the Middle East.

There also seems to be an awful lot of shopping channels advertising nothing but woman's underwear.

Blast, we'll be in Glastonbury by Thursday..

Mind you, we don't have use for a satellite dish anyway.

Seeing the weather forecast, you could always use it as a coracle.

ps. I got one last year and I'm very pleased with it.

pps I removed the suction pad and just bolted the fixing to the roof.

Edited by Kwacker