Posting Pictures

Featured Posts

Don't forget Dan pays for this forum out of his own pocket. A text only based forum is far cheaper than one capable of hosting pictures

There are several free picture hosting sites, why not use one of those like everyone else?

Richard

• 1 month later...

More help requested please. I have recently signed up for Imgur and Reddit in order to post a photo on the forum. I think I've managed to upload the photo onto Reddit, but then what? Clicked the Reddit link at bottom of this page but can't see the photo. And I've downloaded a Reddit App called Alien Blue, can anybody tell me if this is ok or necessary? Thanks again.

More help requested please. I have recently signed up for Imgur and Reddit in order to post a photo on the forum. I think I've managed to upload the photo onto Reddit, but then what? Clicked the Reddit link at bottom of this page but can't see the photo. And I've downloaded a Reddit App called Alien Blue, can anybody tell me if this is ok or necessary? Thanks again.

You don't need to sign up to imgur to upload a picture. Reddit is a completely different site and has nothing to do with hosting pics, so not sure how you've managed that... Alien blue is a good app if you want to use reddit though...

Just upload the picture to imgur (click "upload images" at the top of screen) Once it is uploaded copy the link from the right hand side that is labelled "BBCode (message boards and forums)" and then paste that link in your post here.

Edited by Delta9

• 4 weeks later...

Imgur doesn't seem to work. Am trying to add 3 pics to a thread. Gone to Imgur, uploaded the three, clicked on one, copied the BBCode link, gone to the forum thread, pasted, they seem to go on, send post, this extension cannot be used.!!!!!!

Help please asap

Imgur doesn't seem to work. Am trying to add 3 pics to a thread. Gone to Imgur, uploaded the three, clicked on one, copied the BBCode link, gone to the forum thread, pasted, they seem to go on, send post, this extension cannot be used.!!!!!!

Help please asap

In Internet Explorer:

View the picture in Imgur

Right click on the picture

Select "Copy Shortcut"

Go back to the forum

Click on the "Image" link

Paste the picture shortcut into the URL box (it should be something like http://i.imgur.com/xxxxxxx.jpg )

Click OK

Job Done

• 1 month later...

I use a private/locked album I created on my Facebook account to post pictures to this forum and others. I know a lot of people don't use/like FB, but for those who do it works fine...and your privacy is maintained. Only the image appears.

Here's what I've done.

Set up a new album in FB.

Make sure only you can view it.

Post an image to it.

Copy the image.

Paste the image URL into a Word or Notes page ( that because the URL won't go straight into CWDF)

Copy the URL.

Insert into CWDF post.