Hatch Runner 'Kit'

Fruity

Featured Posts

I requested my local chandler to supply a couple of brass rubbing strips for sliding the hatch (currently steel to steel). They have sourced a kit from Aquafax which includes two 1.8m brass strips... ideal for what I want.

However, the kit also comes with four brass cylinders, each 1.5" long x 1" diameter. These have a slot machined out for half their length and a threaded hole through the rest of the length. A stainless setscrew is supplied for each cylinder. Neither I nor the chandler have any idea of what these cylinders are for or how they can be used. Any ideas?

Cheers guys

The cylinders will fit/slot inside your hatch edges, the slot should be 4mm wide and can be tapped onto the bit of the hatch which sits on the runners.

Alternatively, you drill 2 holes through each side of the hatch just above runner height, use the screw through the hole and into the cylinder.

With your current hatch, you can probably get away without using the cylinders, however if the hatch is a metal edge, it may wear the brass runner quickly so the cylinders may be advisable.

Edited by matty40s