Constant moorers leaving a mess

peterboat

Featured Posts

Hi all we had some constant moorers on the visitor moorings at Eastwood on the S & SYN they were there for a couple of months! Anyway Cart were aware of them and this week they left but one boat a red NB called chianti or something like that left its rubbish behind quite a pile of it!! given that there is a bin 100 yards away would it have been to much effort to place the rubbish their and not leave it for someone else to move?

Its this sort of act that gives CMs a bad name that and stopping real CCs being able to moor which did happen on a couple of occasions (which is probably why Cart will have done something).

Has anyone else noticed similar activity elsewhere?

Peter

Funny you should ask I was moored recently at Bumble hole and a boat that came from a marina mooring let it's dog out every morning to poo on the towpath then one evening they had a bar b q and when they left the cheap throw away bar b q was still on the towpath and just to rub salt in they left a carrier bag with the empties from there evenings fun

Edited by cotswoldsman

That's nothing - last week, I saw a boat with no home mooring charge his batteries by starting up a water-cooled nuclear reactor which drained the entire contents of the Macclesfield canal leaving everyone high and dry. He then left, leaving spent fuel rods on the towpath. The resulting radiation caused the hair to fall out of anyone within half a mile. Damned inconsiderate if you ask me.

Nuclear reactor - Pah! I saw a boat with no hull moor up, fell and entire forest, stack it under the Pontcysyllte aqueduct, set fire to it to boil the water, run off enough for a single cup of tea and when they left they dropped the silver top of the milk bottle on the towpath

Bloody Hudson owners

Richard

Nuclear reactor - Pah! I saw a boat with no hull moor up, fell and entire forest, stack it under the Pontcysyllte aqueduct, set fire to it to boil the water, run off enough for a single cup of tea and when they left they dropped the silver top of the milk bottle on the towpath

Bloody Hudson owners

Richard

Now I could have believed you were it not for the silver top. Hudson owners only use gold top.

Some people believe they are creating jobs for otherwise unemployable people by dropping litter. In their minds littering is a public service. Keeps potential rapists and thieves otherwise occupied apparently.

I've genuinely heard this excuse for littering from a former employee.

Now I could have believed you were it not for the silver top. Hudson owners only use gold top.

They may well believe the butler is only using gold top, but not actually keeping sufficient check on what he gets up to.

That's nothing - last week, I saw a boat with no home mooring charge his batteries by starting up a water-cooled nuclear reactor which drained the entire contents of the Macclesfield canal leaving everyone high and dry. He then left, leaving spent fuel rods on the towpath. The resulting radiation caused the hair to fall out of anyone within half a mile. Damned inconsiderate if you ask me.

I don't think you are being truthful. If he drained the canal - how could he have left?

I don't think you are being truthful. If he drained the canal - how could he have left?

He had wheels on his bilges and so as long as he was going downsteam he just needed a good push off ninja.gif (He went at night and was able see his way by the green glow)

They may well believe the butler is only using gold top, but not actually keeping sufficient check on what he gets up to.

"Gold top" suggests mass produced milk, therefore available for the hoi polloi to buy. Surely the butler would have fresh milk flown in from Jersey?

nicknorman, on 11 Jun 2014 - 1:26 PM, said:snapback.png

This butler?

pmhudson.jpg?w=222&h=300

Edited by Ray T

Hi all we had some constant moorers on the visitor moorings at Eastwood on the S & SYN they were there for a couple of months! Anyway Cart were aware of them and this week they left but one boat a red NB called chianti or something like that left its rubbish behind quite a pile of it!! given that there is a bin 100 yards away would it have been to much effort to place the rubbish their and not leave it for someone else to move?

Its this sort of act that gives CMs a bad name that and stopping real CCs being able to moor which did happen on a couple of occasions (which is probably why Cart will have done something).

Has anyone else noticed similar activity elsewhere?

Peter

From shiny boaters off their mooring, yes.

Balanced the argument yet?

clapping.gif

have a well deserved greenie for giving me a good laugh

Edited by Ange

Mmmm. Interesting idea.

Assume canal is 10m wide and 2 deep so 20m squared in section, this gives 20 tonnes water per linear meter of canal.

To raise water temperature from ambient (say 10C) to 100 C needs 90*4.200 kJ/kg or 90*4200 kJ/Te or 378MJ/Te

To boil this water uses a lot more energy, 2256kJ/Kg or 2256MJ/Te so the total is 2634MJ/Te. With 20Te/meter that's 52680MJ/meter.

Macclesfield canal is approx 27 miles long but with 26 locks. Assume the nuclear boat only boiled off the pound he was in then the average pound is about a mile long or 1609 meters.

For this average pound (assuming no heat losses etc) then the energy required is at least 1609*52680 MJ or 84762120MJ or 84.76TJ.

If the batteries took 2 hours to charge, then this work would be done at the rate of 84.76TJ in 2*3600 seconds, thus the power is 11.7 TW (Tera-Watts)

The latest style of pressurised water reactor gives 4500 MWt. or 4.5TW, thus it would take approx 3 of these reactors to do this in the time quoted.

To misquote Iain Banks that's some Feersum Endjinn!

Jonesthenukeclapping.gif

PS done in a rush so numbers may be approximate!

Edited to add, if the fuel rods are still there can I have them? (I really am taking this seriously (not))

Edited by jonesthenuke
  • Greenie 1