Cadbury World?

grannykins

Featured Posts

We're thinking about doing some of the BCN in August, and considering having a family get together at the same time(all the kids are scattered around down south). Anyone know which of the Birmingham canals is closest to Cadbury World, and whether it would be feasible to moor there for a day in August please?

The Birmingham & Worcester canal passes right by there, and has "secure" dedicated moorings which are fine for the day but personally I wouldn't stay there overnight.

If you collect Tesco Club card points you can use them to buy your tickets in advance at (I think) effectively half price.

Plenty free moorings at Bournville - just 6 weeks ago and spent the day at Cadbury world. £30 for two adults to get in to the factory, which we thoroughly enjoyed, they feed you plenty chocolate during the tour too.

Hope you have a lovely time :-)

There is mooring right by the boats as well but the entrance to track is easy to miss, being right by the railway overbridge which has traffic lights. There is a gate at the top end but the chain and padlock just lifted off when we met a contractor there a year ago.

To make sure there's no confusion from the different posts above:

There is official towpath mooring - with rings IIRC - provided next to the station. Obviously this is freely accessible to the public.

There is a secure mooring area provided directly opposite, ie on the non-towpath side, with fencing and a locked gate that is opened by a BW key (or whatever it's called these days). It looks secure and is fine during the day but I still wouldn't risk it overnight as any self-respecting yob has a BW key on his pocket and is anyway adept at climbing fences.

Thanks for all the replies.

Hmm, rethinking the plan now. Doesnt seem a very good area to leave the boat - its only GRP and would be easily damaged. Think we might have the family thing at Stourport instead - and just go to Cadbury World another time by car, as its not really far from us.

Anyway, any purchased choccy would melt on the boat as we dont have the power to run a fridge :)

Anyway, any purchased choccy would melt on the boat as we dont have the power to run a fridge smile.png

Swerving briefly off topic, my single 120w solar panel seems capable of keeping my Danfoss-compressor-driven fridge permanently alight :)

MtB