Cruising a 70footer by myself?

Marjorie

Featured Posts

i have a 65 footer and regularly single hand it without too much effort, i notice all the replies so far are from men tongue.png

whilst my reply is from me it concerns my mum who like me has done no end of single handed boating with our old boat 70' length

she took it from the Erewash to London, back up the GU and then through the BCN, shroppy T&M and onwards to Liverpool before heading back down to London again.

the only problem we have encountered is the lift bridges on the southern oxford which can be a challenge!

unlike Carl We always used a centreline that reached back to the cabin slide and even if it fell in it wouldn't foul the prop

as for wind only had 1 bad day in 30 years, on the Wyrley & Essington on a very windy day took all our combined strength to get off the bank but we still managed it with the help of a bridgehole!

Edited by hamsterfan

whilst my reply is from me it concerns my mum who like me has done no end of single handed boating with our old boat 70' length

she took it from the Erewash to London, back up the GU and then through the BCN, shroppy T&M and onwards to Liverpool before heading back down to London again.

the only problem we have encountered is the lift bridges on the southern oxford which can be a challenge!

unlike Carl We always used a centreline that reached back to the cabin slide and even if it fell in it wouldn't foul the prop

as for wind only had 1 bad day in 30 years, on the Wyrley & Essington on a very windy day took all our combined strength to get off the bank but we still managed it with the help of a bridgehole!

Naughty Cal can help you out with that. She knows how it's done (apparently)....

ninja.gif

Naughty Cal can help you out with that. She knows how it's done (apparently)....

ninja.gif

The following signals, used or exhibited either together or separately, indicate distress and need of assistance:

• (f) the International Code Signal flag of distress indicated by N.C.;

NC does seem to get 'distressed and in need of assistance' at times.