Opinions on this boat please

Jimmiboy

Featured Posts

Most boats have the bedroom at the back, its the standard layout. Not sure why Black Prince have been singled out for having it? Also while mentioning black prince, they tend to be cruiser stern and have unusually small kitchen, the idea being that its designed for holiday use, eg snacks and light/easy to cook meals etc which you might have while on holiday, not a massive sunday lunch etc.

I'd recommend matching the layout of the boat you buy to your requirements as closely as possible, since buying a different layout and changing it a lot will just cost £££ and you'd need to match the finish/colour/trim of woodwork, which can be awkward.

My holiday menu goes like this:

Breakfast: fried things

Lunch: roast, all the trimmings

Dinner: beer and chocolate.

Black Prince boats are struck firmly off my list.

I can't get my head around the price v age of narrow boats, the age of a boat doesn't always seem relative to the price? As far as I'm aware everyone advertises their boat way overpriced because they expect to be knocked down. Sorry to put you on the spot but how much do you think this boat is worth?

I for one wouldn't pay above 18k, plated epoxied,underpowered (need 1.8 in a 64 footer). sorry mate move on by

Unlikely to be on Marjorie's boat builder list though

Richard

Quite right, they weren't on there, but I put them on there in order to ceremoniously cross them off for having minuscule kitchens.

Quite right, they weren't on there, but I put them on there in order to ceremoniously cross them off for having minuscule kitchens.

They don't build boats available new though - any Black Prince is going to be ex-hire, and at least 3 years old. However, there are almost identical boats which WERE available new, and therefore won't be ex-hire, for example this:

http://www.norburywharfltd.co.uk/_webedit/uploaded-files/All%20Files/Just%20Sublime%2010326.pdf

Edited by Paul C

£48K for a near 30 year old over-plated Hancock & Lane? blink.pngwacko.png

There's nothing like a bit of optimism!

Agreed, but she has a certain dowager dignity and the interior spec looks pretty comprehensive. To my amateur's eyes she would be a good bet if the price was right.

They don't build boats available new though - any Black Prince is going to be ex-hire, and at least 3 years old. However, there are almost identical boats which WERE available new, and therefore won't be ex-hire, for example this:

I thought that BP did do a few private builds also?

Your example looks quite neat inside - mercifully, as she's bloomin' ugly outside.

It's a lot of work, but just look how it would be when it was finished

The_Queen_Mary_2077172b.jpg

Richard

leon will get you up the arm with that in 2 hours

It's a lot of work, but just look how it would be when it was finished

The_Queen_Mary_2077172b.jpg

Richard

leon will get you up the arm with that in 2 hours