Removal of non slip paint

John Barnet

Featured Posts

What the others said .... or even better get someone else to do it ..... or ......

There are one or two persons in this forum who lack humour and a sense of, well, any sense. Why not use them, their tongues are so abrasive, it would be over before you could say, "wet and dry!"

I'll apologise now .... the above is incredibly tongue in check :) ..... so no horrible cutting remarks! I know, instead of digging a hole I'm just grinding away getting in deeper

Sigh! Finally! The paint has dried ..... on with the next coat ninja.gif

20131123916924.jpg

one of these and a lot of elbow grease is the budget option if you don't have the other stuff. Get it at the right angle and you can take long sections off in one push.

Edited by matty40s

Scabbler on a gunnel would be hard work, almost impossible to work, as it's surface area is wider than the painted surface.

Easy peasy, I did it in no time flat, We tried scrapers, wire wheels, grinders, tungsten blades, all hard work & bloody expensive, hired a scabbler at £25 a day, did the other 75% without breaking a sweat or my wallet, very noisy though!

Edited by Chop!

20131123916924.jpg

one of these and a lot of elbow grease is the budget option if you don't have the other stuff. Get it at the right angle and you can take long sections off in one push.

Problem with the above paint gets jammed between the blade and the clamp eventually distorting the blade. Good for what they cost though (less than a fiver at most places?). I once used a professional version made from some sort of super duper hardened steel. wasn't sharp as such, the blade appeared to have been ground to just under 45 degrees. Worked well.

Problem with the above paint gets jammed between the blade and the clamp eventually distorting the blade. Good for what they cost though (less than a fiver at most places?). I once used a professional version made from some sort of super duper hardened steel. wasn't sharp as such, the blade appeared to have been ground to just under 45 degrees. Worked well.

We used some similar ones to scrape the anti slip paint from our entire roof. There are some available with only one blade screw though and these definitely distort very quickly. Also the screws securing the blade are made of something so soft they chew up when you just show them the screwdriver.

Other than that they work fine!