Hand crank washing machine revelation

Marjorie

Featured Posts

Is it a presawash you got? They are awesome, Ive been looking for one for a while but they are like golddust it would seem.... I will not give up. You do not appriciate the awesomeness of clean clothes until you have hand cranked them clean with your own blood, sweat n tears :)

Is it a presawash you got? They are awesome, Ive been looking for one for a while but they are like golddust it would seem.... I will not give up. You do not appriciate the awesomeness of clean clothes until you have hand cranked them clean with your own blood, sweat n tears :)

Yeah, it's a presawash. I like it so much, I'm thinking of giving it a name. A distinct lack of blood, sweat or tears though, I must say - and it's very kind to my knitwear (the majority of which I spent hours and hours knitting myself - there are few things as upsetting as the washing machine messing with the jumper you laboured over for months!).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=presawash&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

About 30 quid seems average, so not so expensive but they dont often come up... Let me know if you want to sell yours. :)

Yeah, it's a presawash. I like it so much, I'm thinking of giving it a name. A distinct lack of blood, sweat or tears though, I must say - and it's very kind to my knitwear (the majority of which I spent hours and hours knitting myself - there are few things as upsetting as the washing machine messing with the jumper you laboured over for months!).

ha yeah blood sweat and tears a bit dramatic perhaps :)

Get one. Seriously. It's my new best thing.

No thanks. I borrowed one of those things to see what it was like when I was on my first boat about 15 years ago. That was the first and hopefully the last time I'll ever have the misfortune to use one. It takes a lot more work than you described if you want to wash and then rinse your clothes properly. If you like it then good for you, but I'd rather carry my dirty clothes to the laundrette than use that silly contraption again - and I hate the laundrette too!

Edited by blackrose

No thanks. I borrowed one of those things to see what it was like when I was on my first boat about 15 years ago. That was the first and hopefully the last time I'll ever have the misfortune to use one. It takes a lot more work than you described if you want to wash and then rinse your clothes properly. If you like it then good for you, but I'd rather carry my dirty clothes to the laundrette than use that silly contraption again - and I hate the laundrette too!

Really? Maybe my version of clean is less so than yours ;)

All this dependence on technology - absurd. What's wrong with two flat stones I say. The sense of satisfaction when you get 'em clean - sheer joy!

Using Canal coloured water?? Clean?? Are they odour free???