Protesters to block GU link

bigcol

Featured Posts

The author seems to have links to this "People's Assembly Against Austerity" judging by the number of times that she refers to it and its flotilla during her short piece, which I see that she has chosen to illustrate with a photo showing a Wyvern hire boat. Is she a member of Action For Vulnerable Hirers also?

The author seems to have links to this "People's Assembly Against Austerity" judging by the number of times that she refers to it and its flotilla during her short piece, which I see that she has chosen to illucsstrate with a photo showing a Wyvern hire boat. Is she a member of Action For Vulnerable Hirers also?

I can confirm that she spoke at the National Assembly earlier in the year and the group was formed from.then. I know some of the people involved; however, (and I have voiced my concerns) IMO, they are confusing the two, privatisation of BW and the removal of non-compliant boats. A good cause, but unfortunately, like most ultra left wing groups(again IMO), just a trifle niave.

As most of that area is full of cm'ers, shouldn't be too difficult to block canal!wink.png

You are right. Even when we moored in that area (4 yrs ago in Marina) it was chocka with static caravans, sorry moored boats.

Actually, in retrospect, the touring /static caravan analogy seems similar. The Caravan Club and similar organisations can authorise small 5 pitch sites for touring vans staying no more than 14 days. There are also "no return within x days" rules too. . But to put a long term static van on a site requires more planning permission.

Passing through Milton Keynes last night and this morning, most of the noncompliance with mooring is the inability to Moor properly.

I lost count of the number of boats with pegs/chains etc directly in line with the t-stud/ring......so the boat pendulums as I pass...owners giving twitching curtain greetings.

Why do people who engage in this sort of activity alway seem to try and legitimise their actions by using phrases like "The boating Community" and "Those who use the Canal" when what they really mean is " A small unrepresentative minority"?

I would be interested to learn how many instances of illegal eviction of disabled or elderly boaters have actually taken place, and what moves the organizers have made to try and help those people secure suitable alternative accomodation through the Local Authority.

• Greenie 1

I'm all for a bit of direct action myself, but if they want the support of the wider boating community blocking the canal isn't a very constructive way of doing it. The reason we've never had a revolution in this country is that no-one has ever properly understood how you generate widespread support. For a lesson in revolutionary politics look at what Alex Salmond has done/is doing North of the Border.

"Milton Keynes Against the Cuts" why now there have always been canals there , well for ages anyway.

They have been there for far longer than the city of Milton Keynes has!

Passing through Milton Keynes last night and this morning, most of the noncompliance with mooring is the inability to Moor properly.

I lost count of the number of boats with pegs/chains etc directly in line with the t-stud/ring......so the boat pendulums as I pass...owners giving twitching curtain greetings.

Hi matty

Don't know if it was you that passed me, but if it was you earlier, boat never moved once!

Maybe Just a slight rocking motion which sent me back to sleep again lol

Or was that you playing with your horn it's thing in the morning?

Col

Edited by bigcol

Hi matty

Don't know if it was you that passed me, but if it was you earlier, boat never moved once!

Maybe Just a slight rocking motion which sent me back to sleep again lol

Or was that you playing with your horn it's thing in the morning?

Col

That was me☺. Your boat was tied proper like.

It's a long tick over MK is, Leighton Bizzard now. (Sounds like a wheeze to me)

Got told off by Soulbury lockie for setting next lock before bottom was filled, soon put him right as to the excess water flooding the pounds from the top lock.

Edited by matty40s