Vinyl Cut Graphics

Kendal

Featured Posts

Nice boat, seen it a couple of years ago when first came on the market for something like £130,000, I was only talking about it today with a woman that seen you at Crick and debating that £130K is a lot of money for a boat that you have had no input in, she was trying to sell a new finished boat for £90,000, I think you got it at a more realistic price especially as she's basically new and with a Tyler Wilson shell. Have they built anymore?

Thanks for your comments. I am very happy with the price we paid for the boat particularly given the quality of the fit out, she was on the market for a while and the final sale price reflected that. I'm not aware that the builders have built any more compete boats as yet, but am confident they have plans to do so and are still very much involved in providing related services.

Thanks for your comments. I am very happy with the price we paid for the boat particularly given the quality of the fit out, she was on the market for a while and the final sale price reflected that. I'm not aware that the builders have built any more compete boats as yet, but am confident they have plans to do so and are still very much involved in providing related services.

I hope you enjoy her, as you've got a unique boat which will attract many admiring viewers wherever you go, I doubt they will make another like this.

Edited by Northernboater

I hope you enjoy her, as you've got a unique boat which will attract many admiring viewers wherever you go, I doubt they will make another like this.

Are they still building??? The reason I ask is that I asked them to quote me for a widebeam build in February of this year and they said that, at that time, 'we are not in a position to build a wide-beam' - recommending another builder instead.

I really hope they continue to build, as the quality of their joinery is superb.

Just wish Kendal 1 had been bit less expensive!smile.png

Sas, it may be that their workshop cannot handle a widebeam. I know they had all sorts of problems getting the shell of Kendal No1 in and had to modify the entrance (have a look here http://cumbrianarrowboats.co.uk/2011/11/22/the-first-hurdle/ and here http://cumbrianarrowboats.co.uk/2012/01/16/shell-arrived-and-in-the-workshop-phew/).

I definitely agree about the quality of their joinery, that's what attracted us to Kendal in the first place.

We were fortunate to be able to procure her, as there was a lot of interest at the final asking price, and feel very lucky to own such a beautiful boat.

Fair enough, but as stated we do have a disclaimer right underneath the add to cart, and also on the FAQ's, and we have had many people that have requested a sample before they purchased, which in this case would of saved dissapointment on both sides.

As stated though I will speak with the customer tomorrow direct and go from there.

Thanks

Michelle

Michelle,

I totally agree. The reason for my original post was just to warn others of the potential for considerable colour variation and the importance of getting a sample first. My mistake was to mention your business in the post, for this I apologise. But didn't someone say 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'? wink.png

I will give you a call later this morning.

(still no email by the way)

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Kendal

When I was looking for vinyl's for my boat I tried several Boat Vinyl people. Then I was recommended by a friend, a local firm who did all of the companies lorries.

Not only did he talk out of the VERY expensive chrome lettering(no good for boats), the price was much cheaper. As I knew exactly what I wanted, He suggested sending him an email so it was in writing. He then sent out several samples each with numbers/names on the back. I again choose the one I wanted. My friend picked them up several days later, paid cash.

I was horrified when I looked at them to discover it was the wrong colour!!!!

So I phoned up, explained the mistake, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Another set in the correct colour arrived by courier the next day, very happy bunny. I would use them again.

Sas, it may be that their workshop cannot handle a widebeam. I know they had all sorts of problems getting the shell of Kendal No1 in and had to modify the entrance (have a look here http://cumbrianarrowboats.co.uk/2011/11/22/the-first-hurdle/ and here http://cumbrianarrowboats.co.uk/2012/01/16/shell-arrived-and-in-the-workshop-phew/).

I definitely agree about the quality of their joinery, that's what attracted us to Kendal in the first place.

We were fortunate to be able to procure her, as there was a lot of interest at the final asking price, and feel very lucky to own such a beautiful boat.

You are probably right.....I'm suffering from boat envy here....hope you enjoy life on board! :-)

Since screen colours are always a bit variable I would approach something like this either by getting a sample first or being prepared to put up with whatever colours I received (within reason).

It would have been fairer if the OP had given a general warning to check vinyl colours before ordering, but without naming the particular supplier in his case.

Whilst I don't see myself ordering any vinyl graphics in the near future, the approach to customer service which Michelle has shown in this thread would put her high on my list if I were.

Hi

Many thanks for the nice comment it's appreciated.

I've spoken with the customer today and have agreed a part credit for him as a gesture of goodwill and we are arranging to meet up the weekend to take samples of vinyl as his boat is moored not too far from where are moored.

'Kendal' is more than happy, so that makes us happy.

Michelle

As Michelle says we have reached what I consider to be a very amicable solution to what really was my fault after all. I must say that their customer service is second to none, it's not how a business deals with a straightforward transaction that indicates the quality of customer care but how they deal with a problem when it occurs. I would have no hesitation in recommending Vinyl Cut Graphics to anyone considering graphics for their boat, just make sure you ask for a sample if you are in any way concerned about a colour match (I expect this would apply to any vinyl supplier in any event).

A big thumbs up for their aftercare and to Michelle in particularsmile.png