Vinyl Cut Graphics

Kendal

Featured Posts

I ordered various graphics (boat names etc) from these guys http://www.vinylcutgraphics.com/ and was sorely disappointed when they arrived. The graphics themselves are fine but the colours are miles away from those shown on their website, so much so that I can't use them and they will be binned. Specifically it's the cream colour, which I expected to be an off white sort of cream colour, but it's actually almost yellow and looks absolutely dung compared to the cream colour of the boat.

In hindsight I should have ordered a sample first, but you live and learn. Just thought it would be worth letting those contemplating purchasing graphics that getting a sample is vital if you are concerned about obtaining a reasonable colour match.

I ordered cream with a dark grey background and this is what arrived:

14105636317_3e9b886084_c.jpg

Edited by Kendal

Why don't you contact them and air your grievance before throwing them. They may come to some arrangement/solution ?

I sent them an email at the weekend but haven't heard anything back yet..............

Don't give them a bad name before you have checked out customer service.

I didn't intend my post to give them a bad name, just a warning to anyone buying graphics to be aware there can be quite a colour difference

In graphics terms if the colours are important we use a pantone number. If you had asked for the pantone number you would have been told and there would have been no doubt.

Fair comment, as I said, you live and learn

Give them a phone call then. An email can be easily ignored unlike a phone call, especially if it's business.....

I will give them a bell tomorrow

The quality of your computer screen that you view the colour charts through makes a huge difference, just look at

the resolution on the new Apple's compared to a cheap/old laptop. always ask for a sample, same goes when ordering paint colours.

We use a guy in Hinckley http://www.chalkiesdecals.co.uk/ really nice chap, if your local he will put them on for you and he will do any design work , we call at his house if we want anything and he shows us on his computer before cutting, plus he colour matches for us, don't be put of by the motor bikes (although they are fab), we had 2 vans done for the price most wanted for 1.

Vinyl Cut Graphics sold me some "British Transport Waterways" logos for "Sickle" last year.

Unfortunately despite discussing size requirement by phone, and exactly how they measure them, what turned up was far smaller than agreed.

In fairness they admitted they had cocked up, and set the printing up incorrectly, so quickly supplied what they had originally said they would as a replacement.

Unfortunately though, the colours have not turned out to be weatherproof, and, only a year on, so much of the yellow has washed out that they now need replacing again.

I suppose I should contact them again, but sometimes you just end up throwing effort after a lost cause, and I rather suspect I'm never going to end up with some that will survive being out in the weather.

Hi,

I must say I am dissapointed that you chose to post your grievance on the canal forum despite our email to you today explaining that we are sorry that you are not satisfied with the cream, however everyone's interpretation of cream is different and to please everyone is hard hence the reason why under the add to cart we have the disclaimer 'Please note: The colour chart is only to be used as a guide.Both screen and printer colours will vary from one computer to another meaning this colour chart won't be an exact representation of the physical colours. If colours are critical please request a sample.'

Unfortunately you did not request a sample of the colour and we sent the cream vinyl that we have been using without issue for the past five years.

We have never ignored customers emails whether positive or negative, we aim to give good customer service and as boater ourselves, we would never sell anything that we are not happy with ourselves.

As you said you are more than happy with the graphics and the quality, it is just the colour that you are not pleased with, therefore I do think publishing on a public forum where a lot of our customers come from is a bit unfair, however I appreciate that it is freedom of speech etc.

Unfortunately we only supply the one colour cream as that is the only shade our supplier produces in the range we use.

Matching vinyl up to paint as you have informed us you wanted to do is almost impossible unless you have printed vinyl instead of cut vinyl, however printed vinyl is much shorter life than our cut vinyl and we would not advise that for boat names.

By all means feel free to contact us tomorrow by telephone on 01213143223 to discuss further but we would not be able to match you cream paint.

Kind regards

Michelle

Vinyl Cut Graphics sold me some "British Transport Waterways" logos for "Sickle" last year.

Unfortunately despite discussing size requirement by phone, and exactly how they measure them, what turned up was far smaller than agreed.

In fairness they admitted they had cocked up, and set the printing up incorrectly, so quickly supplied what they had originally said they would as a replacement.

Unfortunately though, the colours have not turned out to be weatherproof, and, only a year on, so much of the yellow has washed out that they now need replacing again.

I suppose I should contact them again, but sometimes you just end up throwing effort after a lost cause, and I rather suspect I'm never going to end up with some that will survive being out in the weather.

Hi

We replaced the graphics as soon as we realised that we made a mistake and immediately sent you new ones, our printed graphics are supposed to last for three years unlaminated and five laminated.

It would of been nice if you contacted us to let us know as we could of sent you a laminated pair free of charge, as you saw from the last contact we have good customer service and do not ignore customers.

If you wish to call us tomorrow to discuss, please do so and we can arrange delivery of a laminated pair.

Kind regards

Michelle

• Greenie 1

Hi,

I must say I am dissapointed that you chose to post your grievance on the canal forum despite our email to you today explaining that we are sorry that you are not satisfied with the cream, however everyone's interpretation of cream is different and to please everyone is hard hence the reason why under the add to cart we have the disclaimer 'Please note: The colour chart is only to be used as a guide.Both screen and printer colours will vary from one computer to another meaning this colour chart won't be an exact representation of the physical colours. If colours are critical please request a sample.'

Unfortunately you did not request a sample of the colour and we sent the cream vinyl that we have been using without issue for the past five years.

We have never ignored customers emails whether positive or negative, we aim to give good customer service and as boater ourselves, we would never sell anything that we are not happy with ourselves.

As you said you are more than happy with the graphics and the quality, it is just the colour that you are not pleased with, therefore I do think publishing on a public forum where a lot of our customers come from is a bit unfair, however I appreciate that it is freedom of speech etc.

Unfortunately we only supply the one colour cream as that is the only shade our supplier produces in the range we use.

Matching vinyl up to paint as you have informed us you wanted to do is almost impossible unless you have printed vinyl instead of cut vinyl, however printed vinyl is much shorter life than our cut vinyl and we would not advise that for boat names.

By all means feel free to contact us tomorrow by telephone on 01213143223 to discuss further but we would not be able to match you cream paint.

Kind regards

Michelle

Michelle,

Many thanks for your post. Unfortunately as of now I have not received an email from you, I have just checked my inbox. I absolutely recognise my error in not requesting a sample, and only now appreciate the potential for a fairly extreme difference between the colour on a monitor and that in the flesh. It appears you are not alone in interpreting my initial post as a grievance, it was not meant as such, just a warning to others of the importance of obtaining a sample. I urge you to re-read my initial post in light of this.

I will give you a call tomorrow and we can discuss the issue further.

Best regards

Pete

Hi,

Kind regards

Michelle

Hi

We replaced the graphics as soon as we realised that we made a mistake and immediately sent you new ones, our printed graphics are supposed to last for three years unlaminated and five laminated.

It would of been nice if you contacted us to let us know as we could of sent you a laminated pair free of charge, as you saw from the last contact we have good customer service and do not ignore customers.

If you wish to call us tomorrow to discuss, please do so and we can arrange delivery of a laminated pair.

Kind regards

Michelle

Thank you.

Hopefully my post acknowledges that you did give good service sorting out the original problem. I acknowledge it was a genuine mistake quickly sorted.

I would be very happy to try and replace with something that is colour-fast, but I suppose I'm surprised that something that is clearly for exterior use on a boat has lasted so little time, before it looks washed-out. If it needs to be "laminated" in this application, surely they need to be supplied that way?

We are boating at the moment, travelling back from the BCN challenge, but should be home within a few days, so if OK with you, I will contact you when home, and I have all the original details to hand.

Michelle,

Many thanks for your post. Unfortunately as of now I have not received an email from you, I have just checked my inbox. I absolutely recognise my error in not requesting a sample, and only now appreciate the potential for a fairly extreme difference between the colour on a monitor and that in the flesh. It appears you are not alone in interpreting my initial post as a grievance, it was not meant as such, just a warning to others of the importance of obtaining a sample. I urge you to re-read my initial post in light of this.

I will give you a call tomorrow and we can discuss the issue further.

Best regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I will resend the email to you, we have sent it to the one registered on the original order.

I've read your email and whilst I understand you are stating that people should always get a colour sample, I do not agree that it needed to be posted on a public forum to get attention when we do clearly state on the lettering designer for all to see that if you need a specific colour to request a sample as many customer have previously.

I'll speak with you tomorrow.

Kind regards

Michelle

Thank you.

Hopefully my post acknowledges that you did give good service sorting out the original problem. I acknowledge it was a genuine mistake quickly sorted.

I would be very happy to try and replace with something that is colour-fast, but I suppose I'm surprised that something that is clearly for exterior use on a boat has lasted so little time, before it looks washed-out. If it needs to be "laminated" in this application, surely they need to be supplied that way?

We are boating at the moment, travelling back from the BCN challenge, but should be home within a few days, so if OK with you, I will contact you when home, and I have all the original details to hand.

Hi again

I must say we are suprised ourselves as our roses have laster two year and seem okay, although we are now painting the boat so will not be able to test the three year period the manufacturer states, but if you could also send me an image when back I can send it to the manufacturer for comment as we also only use Roland Eco Sol Inks and not compatible inks.

If it is the same postal address as the original order, if you can PM me the name it was ordered under I can get another laminated set sent Friday for you, so they are there for when you get back.

Kind regards

Michelle

Nice boat, seen it a couple of years ago when first came on the market for something like £130,000, I was only talking about it today with a woman that seen you at Crick and debating that £130K is a lot of money for a boat that you have had no input in, she was trying to sell a new finished boat for £90,000, I think you got it at a more realistic price especially as she's basically new and with a Tyler Wilson shell. Have they built anymore?

I do not agree that it needed to be posted on a public forum to get attention.

Well this is a boating forum where members quite often use vinyl for their boats. I think Kendals post is useful to others considering vinyl and useful in pointing out that it's worth getting a sample to avoid disappointment.

Well this is a boating forum where members quite often use vinyl for their boats. I think Kendals post is useful to others considering vinyl and useful in pointing out that it's worth getting a sample to avoid disappointment.

Fair enough, but as stated we do have a disclaimer right underneath the add to cart, and also on the FAQ's, and we have had many people that have requested a sample before they purchased, which in this case would of saved dissapointment on both sides.

As stated though I will speak with the customer tomorrow direct and go from there.

Thanks

Michelle

Since screen colours are always a bit variable I would approach something like this either by getting a sample first or being prepared to put up with whatever colours I received (within reason).

It would have been fairer if the OP had given a general warning to check vinyl colours before ordering, but without naming the particular supplier in his case.

Whilst I don't see myself ordering any vinyl graphics in the near future, the approach to customer service which Michelle has shown in this thread would put her high on my list if I were.

• Greenie 3