Cruising the the Humber and upper Trent in small boat ?

Dream Daisy

Featured Posts

Hi i am fairly new to boating me and my wife have a small 16ft microplues cabin cruiser with a Yamaha 9.9hp 4 stroke outboard engine which we have been using on the Trent up to as far as Gainsbourgh but we are hoping to travil to brough on the humber about 7 miles from trent falls and was wondering if any one as done this before ? i understand that correct tide calculations and having the tide pushing us is very important and we are of course equipped with lifejackets, VHF radio, and up to date charts of the Humber and upper trent. would this be doable ? we get a steady 6.5 knots at crusing speed when not against currents/tides and maybe a little more at full throttle also the boat is design as a sea going boat with planing hull and this model of boat is used a lot for of coast fishing altho usually with a bigger engine. any advice from anyone who has had experience with this would be much appreciated. thanks jack

Thank you all for all the info looking forward to doing this route soon

Assuming your boat is Dream Daisy, you came through my lock last week. I am glad you took the advice of my colleague at Cromwell. I did not believe at the time your boat and equipment were suitable for your voyage, not meeting some requirements.

I have tried to PM you but you do not have sufficient posts to receive pms.

So take care.

Assuming your boat is Dream Daisy, you came through my lock last week. I am glad you took the advice of my colleague at Cromwell. I did not believe at the time your boat and equipment were suitable for your voyage, not meeting some requirements.

I have tried to PM you but you do not have sufficient posts to receive pms.

So take care.

Hi yes that would of been us smile.png after taking advice of you guys we decided to go no further up the trent than just above Torsky and return home to be better prepared/ equipped for this voyage. my email address is jack dot berrisford at yahoo co uk if you wanted to pm me. Thanks Jack

Edited by Dream Daisy

Did you pull into KIngs Marina for petrol ?

If it was did you find the petrol station (over the bridge) OK ?

hi yes we did and got petrol from the BP station when we found some were to moor

I have never been on the Humber in any boat, but can nevertheless post something useful to this topic:

I would advise anyone when including an email address in a post to disguise it so that a human can understand it but a computer cannot. It's important to hide the punctuation the software would look for, particularly the @ sign, e.g. something like spambot dot proof {at} MyISP dot co dot uk

Dream Daisy, if I were you I'd go back and edit your post #8 to do this, to help reduce the amount of junk email you receive.

Dream Daisy, on 28 May 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:

hi yes we did and got petrol from the BP station when we found some were to moor

You (or perhaps not you, depending on who is posting) looked quite sun-burned in that boob-tube thingy.

Watch out - you never know when you are being watched !!!!

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I have never been on the Humber in any boat, but can nevertheless post something useful to this topic:

I would advise anyone when including an email address in a post to disguise it so that a human can understand it but a computer cannot. It's important to hide the punctuation the software would look for, particularly the @ sign, e.g. something like spambot dot proof {at} MyISP dot co dot uk

Dream Daisy, if I were you I'd go back and edit your post #8 to do this, to help reduce the amount of junk email you receive.

Thanks for the advice will do that now

Hi yes that would of been us smile.png after taking advice of you guys we decided to go no further up the trent than just above Torsky and return home to be better prepared/ equipped for this voyage. my email address is jack dot berrisford at yahoo co uk if you wanted to pm me. Thanks Jack

Good decision.

• 1 year later...

I must admit I am curious as to what equipment was lacking or preparations not made. It would certainly be of benefit to others if we could all learn from Dream Daisy's experience, although I would quite understand D.D. if you chose not to reveal all on a public forum.

I hope you get everything sorted out andmanage to make the trip safely in the future.

Edited as I have just noticed the date on this post.... sorry this thread is obviously well past its sell by date,!

Edited by NickF