lowest bridge/tunnel on the system

berth

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

I don’t get it. I went down and back in 20 minutes a month ago.

Not on my boat you didn't!  Especially on my way out of Hawne Basin where they had diesel at 65p ...

My brain said don't fill the tanks two days before the BCN Challenge, but my wallet had a veto.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's easy when you only have a 1foot 6" draught....

How does that work? The prop is 1’ 7”. The draught is 2’ 0” plus the skeg static.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg

1 minute ago, Captain Pegg said:

Where’s the bottom of that tape measure? ?

Right on the bottom of the skeg.  Static draught with all the crap on board and the diesel and water tanks full is about 28.5" so I probably need to shift some toolboxes out of the engine room and into a locker forward.

I seem to have a bit less diesel in the tanks after this weekend though ... is it bad for fuel economy to churn your way through silt and plastic bags and weed for 46 miles? :boat: :captain: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Right on the bottom of the skeg.  Static draught with all the crap on board and the diesel and water tanks full is about 28.5" so I probably need to shift some toolboxes out of the engine room and into a locker forward.

I seem to have a bit less diesel in the tanks after this weekend though ... is it bad for fuel economy to churn your way through silt and plastic bags and weed for 46 miles? :boat: :captain: 

The bottom of your counter is 4 1/2” below the water line when stationary?

Might need to move some stuff out rather than shift it about.

JP

3 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Might need to move some stuff out rather than shift it about.

But it will come in useful one day ...

Where do you suggest I leave it?

(btw MrsBiscuit agrees with you, but disagrees with me about *which* stuff should go ... )

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

But it will come in useful one day ...

Where do you suggest I leave it?

(btw MrsBiscuit agrees with you, but disagrees with me about *which* stuff should go ... )

The buoyancy of the duck (which by the way....the Biscuits is now holding for ransom) will assist in making the bote float higher.