The Pride? Of Sherwood - A Rant!

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

looking at the last topic the OP made http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67000#entry1321847

It may be a case of every time she see's a problem or involved in one that CaRT is also involved she is going to be putting the knife in. I bet they are a nightmare once their out cruising on their annual jolly if anything goes wrong.

looking at the last topic the OP made http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67000#entry1321847

It may be a case of every time she see's a problem or involved in one that CaRT is also involved she is going to be putting the knife in. I bet they are a nightmare once their out cruising on their annual jolly if anything goes wrong.

I think it would be best if you met Jan before casting any more aspersions

Richard

Because I believe that Unmani's friend made a good and valid remark. This website is watched by CRT after all... :ninja:

I do not disagree with the OP having a rant, free speech and all that. However, I personally don't like the naming and shaming of a hard working and knowledgeable gang just because one lad had a bit of a grumble. Everyone says things that in hindsight they may have been best to keep quiet about, but I feel sorry for the lad and his gang for having it put on a social media website.

You may have your opinion, as I intend to have mine.

Regards,

Lockie.

Ok I will have opinion .

Nothing pisses me off more than people grumbling about their employers in front of their employers customers.

It doesn't matter if I hear it in my local ASDA or if I got complaints about it when I was an NHS manager.

Today is a social media age, people should clue up about how there opinions can be communicated and either stand by them or accept the consequences.....

Ok I will have opinion .

Nothing pisses me off more than people grumbling about their employers in front of their employers customers.

It doesn't matter if I hear it in my local ASDA or if I got complaints about it when I was an NHS manager.

Today is a social media age, people should clue up about how there opinions can be communicated and either stand by them or accept the consequences.....

Veering a little smiley_offtopic.gif , was it you taht posted a picture of Pride of Sherwood under power on one of the northern canals recently?

Richard

I think it would be best if you met Jan before casting any more aspersions

Richard

Just going on this post like everyone else will be, true it may not reflect the true person but there is a common theme with her last thread that she is not a great fan of CaRT staff at the minute. Be it Lock keepers or work boat operators.

Edited by Northernboater

Just going on this post like everyone else will be, true it may not reflect the true person but there is a common theme with her last thread that she is not a great fan of CaRT staff at the minute.

Try reading more of her posts - you can start with the Beacon Boats Remnants thread where Jan has been helping Ally to close her business down

Richard

I would agree if they had had this discussion on the forum but they didn't and I don't think they should "clue up" to the fact that it may be transcribed in such a way.

If the OP felt the conversation was inappropriate it would have been an idea to say so.

Veering a little smiley_offtopic.gif , was it you taht posted a picture of Pride of Sherwood under power on one of the northern canals recently?

Richard

Not me, I think you are thinking of 'William Jessop'

ed to add the picture.

nXuwUN0.jpg

Edited by The Dog House

Try reading more of her posts - you can start with the Beacon Boats Remnants thread where Jan has been helping Ally to close her business down

Richard

No sorry don't want to know her life history, just an observation on her last threads, sorry if I have upset you for making comments on here about your friend.

I would agree if they had had this discussion on the forum but they didn't and I don't think they should "clue up" to the fact that it may be transcribed in such a way.

If the OP felt the conversation was inappropriate it would have been an idea to say so.

Rubbish...if I have a bad convo with somebody in Tesco tomorrow I reserve the right to come on here and regale it....the other party is quite within their rights and give their side of the story, particularly when they are aware one version has been posted......

No sorry don't want to know her life history, just an observation on her last threads, sorry if I have upset you for making comments on here about your friend.

I too think you need to meet Jan, I have like Richard has and you are wide of the mark.....

Just want to say that I never said the OP shouldn't have come on here and had a rant, free speech and all that. Just that I don't like to see folk being named and shamed. Have a rant by all means but please don't name names, etc.

Regards,

Lockie.

Edited by Lockie Junior

Just want to say that I never said the OP shouldn't have come on here and had a rant. Just that I don't like to see people being named and shamed. Have a rant by all means but please don't name names, etc.

Regards,

Lockie.

Names? Where?

Rubbish...if I have a bad convo with somebody in Tesco tomorrow I reserve the right to come on here and regale it....the other party is quite within their rights and give their side of the story, particularly when they are aware one version has been posted......

Actually in most cases I'm sure the other party has no idea you are 'reserving your right' to give your side of the story if you post on here. But then again why should the average Tesco customer have to monitor what's being said on to his forum. I wouldn't presume that all CRT employees or contractors read it either.

I too think you need to meet Jan, I have like Richard has and you are wide of the mark.....

I don't need to meet her, as it is nothing personal, just reading both Threads CaRT employee's seam to of upset her lately, as you say sometimes "What's your Problem" with that observation

Not really fair to judge someone on two topics alone. Take these for example:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=65478&hl= Most forum regulars are aware of the amazing work that Jan has put in on behalf of the Chesterfield Canal Trust (and many have emptier pockets because of it :D)

Also this thread http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45792&hl=

Two recent examples of non-whinging, non knife sticking in threads - if you use the member search facility and look at her content you'll find rants are very rare and that Jan adores boating and is a big supporter of CRT.

Your post was very judgemental and unfair.

Actually in most cases I'm sure the other party has no idea you are 'reserving your right' to give your side of the story if you post on here. But then again why should the average Tesco customer have to monitor what's being said on to his forum. I wouldn't presume that all CRT employees or contractors read it either.

You miss my point. It's not just about 'this forum'

Any interaction as somebody providing a service could appear on a multitude of web sites, whether it be trip advisor or mums net.

If you can't be pleasant with people or you can't avoid slagging your management off in front of customers get yourself a job as a lighthouse keeper....simple.

I don't need to meet her, as it is nothing personal, just reading both Threads CaRT employee's seam to of upset her lately, as you say sometimes "What's your Problem" with that observation

If this had been the rant of somebody in their first post on here I would have viewed the content with suspicion, however set against the context of the other posts by the OP I am satisfied it carries some legitimacy.

I know Jan and I trust her version of events. But my point is the person could have been perfectly pleasant and still be slagged off by someone on a forum .By someone who was having a bad day, it's not always so black and white.

I know Jan and I trust her version of events. But my point is the person could have been perfectly pleasant and still be slagged off by someone on a forum .By someone who was having a bad day, it's not always so black and white.

Exactly.

However in this case it's not just a slagging off by somebody we don't know or haven't met.....that is the point.

You miss my point. It's not just about 'this forum'

Any interaction as somebody providing a service could appear on a multitude of web sites, whether it be trip advisor or mums net.

If you can't be pleasant with people or you can't avoid slagging your management off in front of customers get yourself a job as a lighthouse keeper....simple.

If this had been the rant of somebody in their first post on here I would have viewed the content with suspicion, however set against the context of the other posts by the OP I am satisfied it carries some legitimacy.

Do you know her personally, is she a best mate that you have known for umpteen years? I doubt it

What I'm saying is that CaRT have seamed to have upset her, this thread and the Torksey lock keeper thread,

Read the threads, I don't know the lady and have nothing against her and I don't suddenly want to become best of friends with her just because I add posts to her Threads and I won't be thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread because of a few posts on here. it's that simple. This is an internet forum where few members have actually met face to face in the real world. Do you understand that?

Edited by Northernboater

Anybody signed up to be a 'friend ' of c&rt ... paid your annual donation.... take into account the guy they employed canalside to encourage you to do so .... and then the free book ..............and then the post cards ..............then the free calender ................and then the letters asking you for more money............. Sod that I cancelled the dd............ if I give money to help the canals survive I want the money to go to that not to giving me freebies ... if I needed them or wanted them I would gladly pay!

I bet everyone of you can list money they have wasted from your licence fees or donations and then they tell you there is no money for this or that repair or improvement.

I've been asked by a friend of mine, who is not a member of this forum, to post a reply to this thread.

"I wonder if the lady who wrote this post has considered its consequences.

CRT do read this forum and by her own admission she posted, ‘ it was a bit of a rant.’ but

posting this on a social media site is not the same thing as having a bit of a rant with friends,

where you can vent your frustration and then the conversation goes on to something else and

its forgotten.

We all have bad days at work occasionally and I am sure we can all relate to having a moan

about our boss/management at some point in our working life, (especially if the person you

moaned at seemed to have a sympathetic ear, even offering you cake!) but we wouldn't expect

it to be published nationally for all, including our bosses, to read.

I hope after reading this the lady may consider deleting this post and photographs.

I often watch this team working, and they are all (including the one this post is aimed at)

hard working men, one of the best teams in the region.

Are we at an age where we dare not share our thoughts with anyone incase they are posted on

social media and photos are taken without our permission as evidence!"

Perhaps the guy in question should have thought of this before he started slagging off his bosses to the customers, one presumes he is an adult. Maybe slagging off his bosses to the customers is not the same as slagging them off to his friends...

When you work for an organisation you dont go slagging them off to the customers simple as that, especially in this day & age of social media.

As for the bit about photos taken without permission, it did happen in public. Are we now at a point where we have to ask permission to take photos in public just because someone might be doing something that they wouldnt want their bosses to know about.

• Greenie 1

Do you know her personally, is she a best mate that you have known for umpteen years? I doubt it

What I'm saying is that CaRT have seamed to have upset her, this thread and the Torksey lock keeper thread,

Read the threads, I don't know the lady and have nothing against her and I don't suddenly want to become best of friends with her just because I add posts to her Threads and I won't be thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread because of a few posts on here. it's that simple. This is an internet forum where few members have actually met face to face in the real world. Do you understand that?

I had read the threads which are actually nothing of the sort if you read them properly, you should try it.

Edited by The Dog House

It may be a case of every time she see's a problem or involved in one that CaRT is also involved she is going to be putting the knife in. I bet they are a nightmare once their out cruising on their annual jolly if anything goes wrong

I actually think it is you who is doing more harm to CRT than me.

I DO support CRT at every opportunity. I have done some volunteering for them (not as much as I would have liked to but I spend far too many hours volunteering for Chesterfield Canal Trust to do more) I hole the organisation and the vast majority of their employees in extremely high regard. I know quite a number of them personally and the occasion mentioned in my opening post is the first tme I have ever come across anything like this - that was probably why I was so shoked that it prompted my rant.

You may (or may not) have noticed that I have not added anything to this thread for a long time. That was because I felt that (having had my initial rant) it was better for everyone concerned that the matter was dropped. The thread die a death and sink down into the archives and be forgotten. It seems other people are not willing to let this happen though. Each time any individual posts something on this thread it rises to the top again and more people read it and more people feel the need to add to it and so it is that that causes the "knife to twist"

It is you who has linked my enquiry about tidal locks with this thread. It was just that, an enquiry, no more. It was my first experience of taking our own boat through tidal waters and I was trying to ascertain whether the experience we had was "the norm" or not by asking others with more experience.

It is true some of the people who added to that thread did say things that do not necessarily cast some lock keepers in a good light but you seem to have attributed the things they have posted with me.

I would like to thank people who know me for coming on and sticking up for me. I do appreciate it. They will have realised that it is very unlike me to complain about anything and so for me to come online and rant like I did needed some sever provocation. I do not however, hold a grudge. The incident is over and done with and if I ever meet those guys again I would be friendly and cheerful with them (and prepared to offer cake!)

I would also like to add that I read Unman's post last night but did not reply on the thread because I DID not want to continually bump the thread up to most recent posts again. The thread has run it's course and is not serving any purpose other than to cause further upset to people who have a job to do, made an error and, I would hope, have learned from it.

After reading Unmani's post last night I reported my initial post to the mods. Unmani may not realise it is impossible for me to delete any of the content of that post but the mods can. I requested that they delete the entire thread.

I suspect they have not been online since but I hope they will do so soon. I am sorry to bump this thread up yet again but Northernboater - you really do not have a clue about me and your attempts to make me out as some kind of CRT hating monster are so wide of the mark they would be laughable if it were not so potentially damaging to CRT themselves.