recommendations for a battery charger

davidc

Featured Posts

My CTEX multi X5 7000, has stopped working will not recognise that the batteries it is connected to need charging.

So I was wondering if there is any recommendations, I have a 3 leisure battery setup and would like to keep it as far as possible cheap and of course ideally the space it needs to fit is 6 inches by 9 inches

Hi ya

If you are sure it's the Charger at fault,it might be worth calling the help line,or sending it for diagnostic and or repair !. Alternatively

As space and cost is an issue, I would just buy a replacement like for like model

C-Tec are a recognized decent make, so if it served you well & was ok up to now,just fit a new one.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

What is the battery voltage? Some of these chargers need a certain battery voltage before they can start charging.

I was aware of that so I connected it to a brand new one which was fully charged, no change still a flashing ambers led on the first stage symbol

Looking at the spec its only a 7 amp charger I wonder if that what has eventually done it in .

spec

Voltage AC 85-125 VAC, 50-60 Hz.

Output power is reduced at lower input voltage.

Current 2.0 A rms Back Current Drain* < 3 mA

Charging Voltage Nominal: 12 V, 13.6 V, 14.4 V, 14.7 V or 16 V

Ripple** Max 150 mV rms, max 0.3 A

Charging Current 7 A max Ambient Temperature - 20°C till + 50°C.

Automatic reduction of power at increased ambient temperature. Cooling Natural convection.

Do not cover the charger.

Charge cycle 5 step fully automatic IIUoIUp.

Type of batteries All types of lead-acid batteries (Wet, Maintenance Free, VRLA, AGM and most GEL). Battery Capacity 14-150 Ah

Dimensions 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 7/8 inches (L x W x H)

Insulation Splashproof/Rainproof. Weight 1.7 lbs

Edited by davidc

I was aware of that so I connected it to a brand new one which was fully charged, no change still a flashing ambers led on the first stage symbol

Looking at the spec its only a 7 amp charger I wonder if that what has eventually done it in .

spec

Voltage AC 85-125 VAC, 50-60 Hz.

Output power is reduced at lower input voltage.

Current 2.0 A rms Back Current Drain* < 3 mA

Charging Voltage Nominal: 12 V, 13.6 V, 14.4 V, 14.7 V or 16 V

Ripple** Max 150 mV rms, max 0.3 A

Charging Current 7 A max Ambient Temperature - 20°C till + 50°C.

Automatic reduction of power at increased ambient temperature. Cooling Natural convection.

Do not cover the charger.

Charge cycle 5 step fully automatic IIUoIUp.

Type of batteries All types of lead-acid batteries (Wet, Maintenance Free, VRLA, AGM and most GEL). Battery Capacity 14-150 Ah

Dimensions 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 7/8 inches (L x W x H)

Insulation Splashproof/Rainproof. Weight 1.7 lbs

I'd have thought the red bit would have done it in. American spec?

Iain

Another vote for Numax. Reliable but can be a bit noisy when going flat out.

Electroquest/Numax, from what I can tell are the same thing, just that the Electroquest units don't have Numax stamped on them!

Had ours 18 months now and it's been great. Fitted to a few boats also and no problems reported.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Connect-Forget-Battery-Charger-Output/dp/B00IJCI5FS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULLY-AUTOMATIC-5-STAGE-MARINE-BATTERY-CHARGER-12V-30A-/141043954256?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item20d6dff250