Selling the Dog House.....

Featured Posts

Have you considered a lumpy water boat to explore the coast and estuaries?

That's actually not as daft an idea as some might think and we could moor it even closer to home either at Hartlepool or Whitby. (though ISTR moorings at Whitby are like hen's teeth)

Needs to be thrown into the mix.

Get rid of the (UK) boat, there are lots of fantastic navigable waterways to visit around Europe, such as the Saar below:

gallery_6938_1_84439.jpg

Surveyed by Brindley, by the look of it.

It does look pretty darned spectacular, though.

Hi Martin,

A few years ago I had to make a similar decision I had my old narrowboat and a 34 foot twin axel RV for me it was right to sell the boat and RV and buy a bigger boat :) however we are not all me so I for one wish you well and I will probably meet you over there but for me it will be a wide beam semi Dutch barge :) and for you ? Good luck

Peter

COUGH, COUGH,

sorry bout that,

Did someone mention Estuaries and a mooring.

DH come on down for a Few days Holiday, I will take you into Chichester, Langston, Poole and Bembridge on the way back Littlehampton.

Or I will meet you Somewhere in the Thames or Medway Estuaries (my actual Favorite down this neck of the woods anyway) That might Re kindle your love of boating !. (Do you snore ?)

Mooring bah, don't need one, Cruise Man

cruise. (Although, mine will go with the boat sale and is paid until 31 March 2015 ).

Seriously though DH, you've got to be happy in whatever you decide, at least you've done it, and don't WISH you done it. So fair play to you,

Maybe have a Camper and Tow a small boat, Best of both 'But can be a bit of a pain).

Oh Decisions Decisions !.

(Our aims since retiring have changed, we now want to complete a big tour of Europe for one but whilst its possible by boat it would be easier and cheaper by alternative means.)

Then do it!

(Maintaining a boat is not cheap as any one will tell you, to keep on top of one costs serious money, money that could be spent elsewhere.

We have sort of fallen out of love with boating if I am honest.

Our BSS cert is due at the end of July and that will be crunch time, a bit like selling a car with a years MOT.)

You have already decided!

Life's too short to waste hummimg & harring!

One point though- when your grandchild arrives, you WILL want to see her as much as possible! Work out how that will fit your plans too.

That's actually not as daft an idea as some might think and we could moor it even closer to home either at Hartlepool or Whitby. (though ISTR moorings at Whitby are like hen's teeth)

Needs to be thrown into the mix.

You are both welcome to join us for a day or two when we are up that way this summer. See if lumpy water boating is for you.

You are both welcome to join us for a day or two when we are up that way this summer. See if lumpy water boating is for you.

That is a very kind offer - remind me when are you up Whitby/Hartlepool way?

Mid July. All being well we should be in Whitby on the 13th for a couple of nights with Hartlepool on the return journey around the 21st.

Ok I will have a chat with Jan and see what she thinks and will be in touch by PM, the Whitby stop is probably better for us as the 21st is a bit close to Emma my eldest due date of the 26th July.

Thanks again.

Offensive and uncalled for. Reported!

It's his opinion, it's a forum where opinions are aired?

It's no worse than some of the rubbish doghouse spouts at times, and most importantly, the poster did not find the need to use foul language to get his point across :-)

Right, cleaned up the posts a bit.

Just a bit of an appeal, if you're reporting a post, please don't quote it in a reply, because then any edits on the original have to be done in duplicate, or triplicate, or.... And, frankly, I'd rather not have to do that!

Now that is an interesting edit.........

I seem to recall I said 'even if we sell our boat we will not be leaving the forum'

What about the rubbish you spout Steve.....

No foul language used in the making of this thread BTW....Sorry FTS

Nice one....

21,875 :-P