All my Stock Stolen

Terence

Featured Posts

Mary P on the forum spotted one of my 3gallon Cans on ebay. Police informed and the outcome was that the Seller had bought them at a car boot sale in Stonley on the 8th of June. They said that he will be interviewed for more information about the car boot seller. Both Cans are being returned. It's a start.

The jugs from limekiln are legit.

Many thanks.

Terence

Well spotted Mary P !

Mary P on the forum spotted one of my 3gallon Cans on ebay. Police informed and the outcome was that the Seller had bought them at a car boot sale in Stonley on the 8th of June. They said that he will be interviewed for more information about the car boot seller. Both Cans are being returned. It's a start.

The jugs from limekiln are legit.

Many thanks.

Terence

. I bought it at a car boot sale is a normal smoke screen for a thief caught with stolen goods you need to find out if indeed it was sold at a carboot and if so did the seller have any links to your former lodger it,s always slightly frustrating going down the legal route to find answers as they only deal in facts and hard evidence when you yourself know the truth and a gallon of petrol and a cigarette would probably get the truth in minutes but would not be sub missable in a court of law good luck and keep the pressure on the truth will always come out ,also as I said before don't give up on what you love doing over this or the little shit wins

• 1 month later...

I am very glad to take all credit for persuading Terence to continue with his fine artwork on the basis that if he didn't, Mrs Doorman was going to pay him a visit and give him a proper ear bashing! Not to be taken very lightly.

Meeting Terence and his wife once again recently and failing to initially recognise them both (another senior moment), gave me a further understanding of the sorry situation regarding the loss of his stock and subsequent moral. I would imagine that any other person unfortunate to suffer such a demise would also share his feelings of despair.

Well done for getting on with your talented work, your canal network needs people like you to colour its boats.

Mr & Mrs Doorman

Living in Braunston we got to know Terrence and Chrissie, I also did one of his courses a few years ago. Anything that keeps Terrence painting is good for me. He has a style of his own that is recognisable and good to look at. Long may he prosper.

It cant have been easy to get over the set back he has had, in addition moving house is always stressful. I look forward to spotting his work on boats as they pass through Braunston for a long time to come. I wish them both well..

I'm glad to report Terence is still painting - received this barrel today. Very pleased with the work. Ignore the chain.

ttt_zps7130edf9.jpg

Nice Barrel! I see it is up to Terrence's usual high standards.

Very glad and relieved to hear and see that he is continuing with his excellent work. I have some pieces painted by him including our rear doors on the boat. I hope to have some more in the future.

Nice Barrel! I see it is up to Terrence's usual high standards.

Very glad and relieved to hear and see that he is continuing with his excellent work. I have some pieces painted by him including our rear doors on the boat. I hope to have some more in the future.

To quote Ron Hough a couple of years ago, when looking at some of Terrence's work in the Wharfhouse Chandlery "Not bad for a young pup!"

>> a gallon of petrol and a cigarette would probably get the truth in minutes but would not be submissible in a court of law <<

Probably something to do with it being the 'truth' the victim thought the torturer wanted to hear.

And which is the more despicable crime -- petty theft or GBH?

Probably something to do with it being the 'truth' the victim thought the torturer wanted to hear.

And which is the more despicable crime -- petty theft or GBH?

. I think that opinion would vary as to weather you were the victim or not I,m an old fashioned type of guy that's come a very long way from my humble beginning,s but still believe in an eye for an eye type of justice ,works far better than the police or cps I find but that's all irrelevant now as the op seems to have dusted himself down and moved on and I suggest we do likewise

(1) I too am glad that the OP has put the whole sorry episode on the past.

But

(2) You cannot seriously be suggesting that torture would be justified or proportionate in this instance? We were talking about getting to the truth, not exacting revenge. Eye-for-eye justice has been left where it belongs (back in the Bronze Age) by most civilised societies.

• 2 months later...

I have emailed Terence direct but I will also pass this info on, Within very recent weeks, I understand, there has been 2 ladies selling unpainted Canal Ware at Long Ichington Car Boot sale, I believe on a Sunday. A boater came through Braunston recently having purchased a Buckby Can and Dipper for a silly amount. They were offered further discounts for bulk orders. If anyone has any more info regarding this it could help Terence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Just to give you an update. The police have now closed the case but will re-open if further information can be found. They arrested a chap (since let go with no charge) who gave them some information of who he bought his items from. “A tall skinny man with messy dark hair, driving a battered long wheel base, white transit type van” (funny as our ex-tenant is a tall skinny man with dark messy hair and drives a battered white van). The police said there was not enough information to take it further.

I have been driving from up north to car boots in and around the Coventry area (100miles each way) with no luck; many thanks to Chris and Jonathan for the information on Long Ichington Car Boot, “Two women selling canalware from a stall” (which coincidentally is how our other ex-tenant makes her living car boots. She’s in her forties slender with fair hair).

I did call the organisers of the event but due to weather it was called off. The Car Boot is on Wednesdays at 12 o-clock.

Chris, if you have any details of the person who bought the items that would be helpful (i.e. boat name etc.).

That’s about it. I will keep looking and if anyone hears anything I would be most grateful if you could let me know. Of the 250 items stolen only 3 have been returned thanks to the people who bought them.

Many thanks.

On a separate note, we are selling our house and mooring in Braunston. You can find the details in the FORSALE & WANTED section of the forum, once it has been cleared by the moderators.

Terence.

Hi all.

“A tall skinny man with messy dark hair, driving a battered long wheel base, white transit type van” (funny as our ex-tenant is a tall skinny man with dark messy hair and drives a battered white van). The police said there was not enough information to take it further.

Terence.

Even when the police do have enough information they choose to ignore the facts.

Maybe see your ex tennant with a barge pole....

Edited by Dar Kuma

Terence. We are moored not far from your house in Braunston. Surprised it's not been snapped up. Great location.

Are you keeping the boat? I seem to remember it was a prezzy from your wife a number of years ago. Cover still intact.

Just being nosy.

Martyn

Terence. We are moored not far from your house in Braunston. Surprised it's not been snapped up. Great location.

Are you keeping the boat? I seem to remember it was a prezzy from your wife a number of years ago. Cover still intact.

Just being nosy.

Martyn

Hi Martyn. The house has only been on the market for 5 days, fingers crossed. Yes still keeping the boat. I love it, but had quite a few offers for him though. Have to book it in for a black bottom very soon.

cheers, Terence