Mason Paint

Featured Posts

The Mason's factory in Derby burned down a few years ago.

For a time International Paints marketed under the Mason's name and formulation.

I don't know if they still do this. However HMG and other good paint makers and their agents will mix to your colour and can often cross reference to the older named types.

I have found ATEX factors at Brierly Hill good at this and well priced with HMG paints.

Their no is : 01384 418440

Morelli have a branch in Loughborough and they mix Mason's P-Type to order. Sit down before they tell you the rrp per litre though

Morelli are not in Loughborough they are at Hathern a village 3 miles north of the town. The nearest location on the river is Zouch cut which is about a mile and a half away.

Matching paint is difficult because colours fade in day light so good luck in getting it right. It might help to match to a Dulux, Crown or Johnstones swatch.

I get my masons P type made up from supertune automotive, I see from their website they have an office at castle donnington.

www.supertune.co.uk

Our boat was originally completely Masons P type. I had a h*ll of a time sourcing it. Finally stumbled across it at Uxbridge Marine in West London. They even had an old, curled paint chip selector. They told me it is now made in and imported from France -- that's why it took about a week to get it in.