Time lapse locking

Joshua

Featured Posts

If you click through second by second, you will see the guy untie the centre rope, set the boat going forward to push the gate open, jump off the boat to do one paddle, climb across the bow (boat still moving) to do the second paddle, drive the boat out of the lock, hop off by the gate, close the gate and then hop back on. Very slick.

If you click through second by second, you will see the guy untie the centre rope, set the boat going forward to push the gate open, jump off the boat to do one paddle, climb across the bow (boat still moving) to do the second paddle, drive the boat out of the lock, hop off by the gate, close the gate and then hop back on. Very slick.

I'd personally not walk across the front of a boat with a cratch cover on; I'd shut the offside ground paddle just as the lock is full (you can check by pushing the lock gate with your foot and if it starts to move, the water level has pretty much equalised - all the time with the boat engine in idle forwards) then use the gate to walk over, then shut the other paddle and get onto the boat. Also I think he leaves it stationary in the lock mouth in neutral - which normally works out okay but a more assured way to avoid the boat drifting too far away is to keep it moving forwards but put it into idle reverse - so it comes back. Timing is key here though - a few times the boat's ended up taking ages, or going back into the lock before the gate is shut!