What is the most controversial boating topic?

Neil2

Featured Posts

Another one missed off the list....

Consistency of cat poo vs. dog poo :)

**Paul - your just going to have to cruise up here and find the rather larger than life red boat containing the Millionaires Shortbread, I've sent off 2 pkgs to you now and I'm beginning to believe the delivery driver is consuming the products on the way to you; that can be the only explanation. Besides if you put a for sale sign on your boat and it would be good advertizement cruising her up here :)

Another one missed off the list....

Consistency of cat poo vs. dog poo :)

**Paul - your just going to have to cruise up here and find the rather larger than life red boat containing the Millionaires Shortbread, I've sent off 2 pkgs to you now and I'm beginning to believe the delivery driver is consuming the products on the way to you; that can be the only explanation. Besides if you put a for sale sign on your boat and it would be good advertizement cruising her up here :)

I, Sir Phil, Protector of Donut Honour am willing to step in and take charge of the errant cookie parcels and in doing so make no promises whatsoever that the said cookies will reach Paul.

Phil

Don't know about controversial but fake chimneys and having 'carrying co.' on a boat when it obviously isn't ...... why?????

Paint what you like on your boat - Carrying Co? - why not, if it pleases you and your loved ones? More controversial for me are boats that are moored for weeks/months/years in the same spot, or no more than half a mile from it, with no sign of a mooring permit. They are paying up to around £900 a year less than me to be on the water, and I abide by the rules. Here's an idea - abolish mooring permits and increase the licence fee for all - NOW! Much fairer all round.

Go and visit Stretton or Brewood on the Shropshire Union. I guarantee you will see the most inapropriately named boat on the cut - 'Moving On' - been around there for at least 7 or 8 years, with no mooring cert..

Edited by homer2911

Correct electrickery units (ie Amps vs Amps/hour)

Neither; the unit by which electricity is sold is the kilowatt-hour (kWh)

Amps are a measure of current and amps per hour would only be relevant as a measure of the rate at which a current is changing.

Amps are a measure of current and amps per hour would only be relevant as a measure of the rate at which a current is changing.

Correct.

But peeps on here persist in quoting amps/hour especially when discussing performance of their solar panels. Shows how few people understand what an Ampere is.

But it's not just peeps on here. I was perplexed to find the instruction manual with my new Shoreline fridge a few years ago stating it power consumption as "7 Amps/hour". I still wonder what this means.

My best guess is they mean that as it switches On and OFF, it draws an average of 7 Amps measured over a one hour period. But manufacturers stating specs in amps/hour sure must add to the collective confusion of boaters out there!

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman