"Warning : Canal. May contain water."

Clifford

Featured Posts

I was a bit taken aback by this the first time I sped past it in the car and decided that, if it came to it, I'd pull right over until they had all squeezed past...

dip.jpg

But it turns out to be a modern safety-oriented, watered-down version of the wording. At the start of a narrow unlit road atop a steep bank with an unfenced drop into the murky depths, an older sign has a much darker suggestion:

switchoff.jpg

ohmy.pngsmile.png

It's already happened on the Thames, making some of them difficult to work when the lockie's not on duty.

Hambledon. Power turned off. Six hundred wheel turns just to open the gates.

Culham. Takes 20 minutes to fill. even if the lock needs just one inch of water.

My pet peeve.... Railings by steps... Making rope trailing a pain when singlehanded.

@Magnet man... That sign is a classic.. Just what our boat needs... Cheers!

Or this, which apparently has to be provided in every vehicle sold in California:

prop_65.jpg

A disclaimer notice with it's very own disclaimer, disclaiming responsibility if the first disclaimer doesn't suitably disclaim.

This sort of thing is ubiquitous in California. All bars and liquor stores have something similar about what the State of California believes the stock will do to you.

MP.

Edited by MoominPapa