Clesse 2013 Compact 800 Gas Regulator Recall

Rob@BSSOffice

Featured Posts

I have just been made aware of this information and it may help some members of this forum. Clesse is asking any owner of a 2013 manufactured Compact 800 regulator to contact the company.

This is what part of the consumer notice says:

...Following advice of our technical team we have decided that 2013 production shall be subject to a full recall and exchange, replacing with the new 2014 models.

In doing so existing customers can be reassured that they have the highest level of standards in safety and reliability with an LP gas regulator.

If you have purchased, installed or own a Compact 800 regulator dated 2013 and have not been contacted already, please use the information below to identify the model and call Clesse (UK) Ltd for further assistance....

and it goes on to add:

A gas safety issue may potentially arise in models produced in 2013 where a potential risk of gas leakage on the second stage regulation may occur that also impacts on the performance of the OPSO system. ‘Paramount importance is to ensure customer safety and reliable operation.’

Therefore we have taken the decision to recall and replace free of charge to ensure there are no risks to the consumer or unreliable operation.

What to do next:

Identify the model using the details following these instructions, and if the product is a Compact 800 and if the product is a Compact 800 and manufactured within 2013, call Clesse (UK) Ltd immediately with your contact details to register the product for a free exchange.

We will use your existing gas engineer or arrange for a qualified gas engineer to replace the item for you as soon as possible.

Model Numbers and Descriptions

COMPACT 800 LOW PRESSURE PROPANE AUTOMATIC CHANGEOVER WITH OPSO

Produced in 2013 and include production months:

04/13, 05/13, 06/13, 07/13, 08/13, 09/13, 10/13

Any Part number or Description with text

“C800”

These are only edits from the notice. You should please read the full version and especially on how to identify the recalled product before taking any actions - there are some helpful images on the notice - go to http://www.clesse.co.uk/Product%20return%20Consumer%20Notice.pdf

Regards

Rob

The forum was ahead of you Rob: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66181&hl=clesse

Well, just

Richard

Thanks Richard - good call

Well before I posted I used the search box to search on these terms; 'recall' and 'clesse'.ohmy.png

However, if the mods don't mind too much, I suggest it is good to have the two threads in the different sub forums as it is important and I'd rather people see it than miss it...

Ouch that's going to cost them a bit. A slight gas leak in the gas locker shouldn't be a safety issue though.

When we first got Telemachus it had a similar Clesse regulator (2011 and without the OPSO). The first time we left the boat I asked Jeff to turn the gas off. He did so by rotating the biggest knob he could find whilst head-down in the gas locker, really hard as you would do to turn off a cylinder. Of course it was the plastic changeover knob with incorporated red flag, which promptly broke. I phoned Clesse and told them what had happened, quite willing to pay for a new part, but they sent it FOC. That was good service.

I think it is good to have input from the BSS on this important matter. Folk are far more likely to read your posting because of who started it

Richard

It is now also on the Recall Website at http://www.recalluk.com/recalls/product/clesse-changeover-regulator-recall-2014.aspx with some very clear images.

Hi moderators can this matter be pinned?

Anyone on the Facebook groups? You may want to spread the word - we only have a Twitter account