Trouser belt

Big John

Featured Posts

Snow goose leather were advertising at Crick personalised belts with holders for a windlass, walkie talkie, mobile phone, lock security key, BW key etc. I have tried ringing the (mobile) number but cannot get connected.

Does anyone else know of anywhere that sells these?

Snow goose leather were advertising at Crick personalised belts with holders for a windlass, walkie talkie, mobile phone, lock security key, BW key etc. I have tried ringing the (mobile) number but cannot get connected.

Does anyone else know of anywhere that sells these?

Have you tried using a handymans belt available from all good hardware shops....I lay bets they are 50% of the price asked for canalia

Edited by tomsk

I make them!!

PM me the requirements - but don't expect all the fancy detail embossed into the belt. My range includes winlass holster, BW Anti-vandal key holder and boat key etc holder. I'll sort out a photo asap. But it is all very similar to the Snow goose stuff.

I make them!!

PM me the requirements - but don't expect all the fancy detail embossed into the belt. My range includes winlass holster, BW Anti-vandal key holder and boat key etc holder. I'll sort out a photo asap. But it is all very similar to the Snow goose stuff.

Prices?

Tomsk,

you might baulk at the prices but you need to bare in mind that each item is hand made - there are no automatic devices involved - and they are quite time consuming.

For Forum members I will pair the prices back to:

£15. 00 for the belt

£4. 00 for each 'Holster'

So a 'full rig' comes to £27

I've not come up with a design for the PMR walki-talki's or mobile phone yet though.

This is based upon the cost of the leather stock I presently hold.

Tomsk,

you might baulk at the prices but you need to bare in mind that each item is hand made - there are no automatic devices involved - and they are quite time consuming.

For Forum members I will pair the prices back to:

£15. 00 for the belt

£4. 00 for each 'Holster'

So a 'full rig' comes to £27

I've not come up with a design for the PMR walki-talki's or mobile phone yet though.

This is based upon the cost of the leather stock I presently hold.

Sounds entirely reasonable.

• Greenie 1

I do emboss the name of your boat on to the back of the belt as part of the package.

That's a great sales feature. If you come staggering out of the pub at least people know to which boat to return you. Like a dog tag - although maybe you need to emboss the owner's name too!

Chris

OK everyone,

here is a photo of my 'accessory belt' range:

IMG_0207.jpg

From the top

A belt blank fitted with brass buckle and leather keeper - Natural Tan this will change colour with use:

This is one of 'ELEMIAH's belts fitted with chrome buckle and keeper - note the change in colour with use - and embossed name

Chocolate brown belt leather with various buckle option - I have a fair selection but cannot guarantee availability of a particular type in the future (suppliers!!)

Chocolate brown accessories leather - to show slight variation in colour from belt - dye issue by supplier

At the bottom: piece of accessory leather, BW conservation key holder (used), boat key etc holder, windlass holster, spiral key lead, brass clip (I've none of these in chrome - not discovered a supply thus far - sorry). The rivets will match the belt furniture (ie chrome or brass) apart from the BW conservation key stud which I only have in dark finish.

NO the 'handcuff' key is not supplied with the holder!! :rolleyes:

I will have to have a think about the design for a PMR radio pouch/mobile phone holder, so standby on that.

Edited by TeeELL

OK peeps,

thanks for the orders. Please be advised that I cannot produce these belts and accessories until after Christmas (and possibly not until the New Year). If you would like an accessory belt, would you please give me some idea as to what exactly you are after (from the picture ie brass 'fittings' with leather keeper or chrome fittings with chrome keeper etc). Overall, I would recommend the Natural Tan belts (I'm not happy with the chocolate colour mis-matches). As far as belt size is concurned I need a normal (summer use) and extended (over cold/wet weather clothing) waist measurement - the maximum is about 42" (it is subject to the lengths sent to me in my order so I can, sometimes, create longer belts). If you PM me I will ask you to send me an e-mail to the address I provide with the full details.

PS: I also need to know whether you require the buckle on the left (standard 'male' side) - which is my normal production - or on the right. This will affect the name on the rear of the belt !!!

Edited by TeeELL

Grasshopper,

it is just as well. I've just had to order new stock based upon the PM's and e-mails I've received!! I've found a supply of nickle silver trigger hooks that are identical to the brass ones in the photo so I will be offering those with any 'Chrome fittings' orders.

it is just as well. I've just had to order new stock based upon the PM's and e-mails I've received!!

And you were wondering how to spend your retirement :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I've seen you wearing your Elemiah belt but never realised you made it yourself. I will probably order one myself in due course. Maybe with a windlass holder on one hip and a NewkyBrown holster on the other (well, it can be a problem when you put it down on a balance beam while winding the paddles and some swine contemplates nicking it).

Ade,

will that be a bottle holder or a can holder?

I've just been beavering away at the boat key holders (brass fittings), and I'm working on the windlass holders at the moment. Trouble is I've only 3 belt blanks at the moment and I don't expect my re-supply until the Company goes back to work in the new year. :rolleyes:

What a useful bloke!

I have a £1.49 dog lead that I run through my belt loops and a loop welded to each windlass, mainly to leave both hands free for lock ladders. It's bad enough single handing Bath deep lock as it is but climbing that ladder one handed would be more than my bowels can stand!

Well I've had a very busy afternoon. Although I'm stuck for leather lengths for belts I've made 5 sets of accessories (brass fittings) ready for the arrival of the strap lengths:

IMG_0209.jpg

I view of the response I will produce the accessory belts in order - unless chrome/nickle silver fittings are requested, or anyone wants a chocolate brown accessory belt.

I have put together a prototype PMR radio pouch:

IMG_0210.jpg

I need to reduce some of the dimensions a little as the radio is a loose fit and I think an elastic strap with Pop closure would be a good idea. Any suggestions on alternative ways to produce this would be appreciated as it is very difficult to make.

Peeps,

I'm very concerned that I/we may be transgressing the rules of the Forum. To that end I would ask you to E-mail me if you wish more info. For now, lets accept that I have responded to a request from another forum member and that I am, in no way, trying to hijack this thread as a sales pitch. I don't want a 'warning' against me!!

Edited by TeeELL