Boat shows

Toots

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I am a new member to the forum and as yet dont have a boat, i am currently saving like mad and the plan is to buy a new widebeam next year.

I have been advised to visit as many boat shows over the next year to see the work and craftsmanship of the different companies. I know about Crick boat show but are there any others or do the festivals have makers/sellers there?

Thanx,

Kirsty

Oh no! Looks like ill just go to all the makers individually.

Thanks

But a number of the builders (displaying narrowboats) at Crick will also build widebeams, so it could still be worth your while visiting Crick and having a word with them. In fact, if you look online at the list of exhibitors, you'll be able to 'phone them beforehand & ascertain which do build wide boats.

But a number of the builders (displaying narrowboats) at Crick will also build widebeams, so it could still be worth your while visiting Crick and having a word with them. In fact, if you look online at the list of exhibitors, you'll be able to 'phone them beforehand & ascertain which do build wide boats.

That's brilliant thanx, just had a look at exhibitors for this year and there are loads.

Thanks for that ill start researching them all x

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be about 10 fat boats at Crick.

"Fat boats"

Love the terminology.

I know that they are not everyone's cup of tea but I'm totally blown away with the ones I have seen so far. I'm not a fan of the Dutch barge but do love the narrow boats, however I just feel that I wouldn't settle on one so narrow.