Boat scams beware

Stevie101

Featured Posts

sadly this is a scam, its very popular across the machinery market which I am involved with.

Edit ok maybe not this one?

take a look at this thread i made on another forum if allowed to link. You will see what they get up to. I am regy53 for info

http://ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5758

Edited by bramley

or Halal?- sorry wrong thread

Just looked and the winning bid has been retracted

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=271475474669&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

This could mean either that the winner has found out that the advert was not genuine, or that, finding that he had bid £4,000 more than the second highest bidder, he decided to negotiate the price down privately. Plenty of people seem to have thought that the advert was genuine, judging by the large number of bids.

This could mean either that the winner has found out that the advert was not genuine, or that, finding that he had bid £4,000 more than the second highest bidder, he decided to negotiate the price down privately. Plenty of people seem to have thought that the advert was genuine, judging by the large number of bids.

So how does that work? The second highest bid was £31,000, and the bid increment at this level is £100, so why isn't the winning bid £31,100?

Anyone fancy ringing them? <Intrigued>

I'm not brave enough in case they keep ringing me back or sell my number to goodness knows how many other scammers- Am I being paranoid- but I am intrigued

There is another scam out there to be wary of if you are selling, especially on Gumtree or Ebay etc.

You get an e-mail from a "buyer" who says they are interested in your car/boat/caravan etc but they are working abroad and cannot come to see the item. They will pay by Paypal and then arrange for a courier/relative to collect the item. As soon as the car etc is collected they cancel the Paypal payment by claiming a defect, misleading description etc and you are then without item or money.

I'm not sure if it's a scam or not, but have been looking at suitcase gennerators Honda EU20i

There a few on eBay, by the same seller, but I'm hearing bells.

I have message the seller, but as yet no response.

I've heard there's a few, that are badged up as Hondas, but inside there not!

How do you tell if it's a kosher Honda

Col

Yes, I was looking at that earlier and thought the same. He also has this for sale, 57' semi trad built in 2000 for £10,000 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Narrowboat-semitrad-57-Narrowboat-/151310291716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item233acbd304 and a total of 33 boats and jetskis for sale (click his user name). All just give the location as "UK".

• 1 month later...

Well, We used to own Waylander, me and my husband bought the shell and fitted it all out ourselves - mostly him, I just carried a lot of marine ply around. We lived on it for 5 years then bought a house and finally decided to sell last year. The guy who bought it was from Hemel Hempstead. It did have everything you could want, apart from a dishwasher. It's the same boat - I recognise all the stuff we left on it so maybe not a scam.

Pity I can't afford to buy it back but we've got another boat anyway now, just not as nice.