Seafood Noodle Thing

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Seafood Noodle Thing

In a wok stir fry chopped garlic, ginger, chilli, bell pepper, onion, mushroom and courgette. Fry until browned then add a good slog of soy sauce. Finally add sliced mackerel and squid rings.

Serve on a bed of noodles.

AB1D9100-1DE0-4A15-8FDA-659F6C24F9C6.jpg

Very similar to the theme to our dinner.....

Herb crusted salmon fillets, with hot chilli noodles (garlic, ginger, 2 chillies diced, chestnut mushrooms, hot chilli sauce, soya sauce, sesame oil, green onion and broccoli instead of zucchini http://rs1020.pbsrc.com/albums/af325/Bettie-Boo/Mainmealssalmon003_zps28754eca.jpg~320x480?t=1397671998

Tonight I had garlic mushrooms from Asda.

Open the bag with a pair of scissors, cook for 18 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees C.

Serve with Hellmann's mayonaise.

DELCISOUS!

Yesterday I had Glamorgan vegetablist sausages from Asda (too) with garlic roast spuds and blanched cabbage with butter and pepper and Bisto onion gravy. Even MOAR DELICIXDOSUS.

Sorry but no photos, I've eaten it all.

MtB

P.S. Dis I mention the Viognier wine?

Thougft not....

Seafood Noodle Thing

In a wok stir fry chopped garlic, ginger, chilli, bell pepper, onion, mushroom and courgette. Fry until browned then add a good slog of soy sauce. Finally add sliced mackerel and squid rings.

Serve on a bed of noodles. AB1D9100-1DE0-4A15-8FDA-659F6C24F9C6.jpg

Nice one. A few water chestnuts would top it off just nice.

Tonight I had garlic mushrooms from Asda.

Open the bag with a pair of scissors, cook for 18 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees C.

Serve with Hellmann's mayonaise.

DELCISOUS!

Yesterday I had Glamorgan vegetablist sausages from Asda (too) with garlic roast spuds and blanched cabbage with butter and pepper and Bisto onion gravy. Even MOAR DELICIXDOSUS.

Sorry but no photos, I've eaten it all.

MtB

P.S. Dis I mention the Viognier wine?

Thougft not....

Isn't this about using what you have rather than going out to the supermarket and getting yet another 'buy one get one free' approach to making tonight's tea?

Nice one. A few water chestnuts would top it off just nice.

Isn't this about using what you have rather than going out to the supermarket and getting yet another 'buy one get one free' approach to making tonight's tea?

It was all there already, in my freezer.

Although I admit, I went out to buy the cabbage.

Are you saying you generally have 'a few water chestnuts' lying about in stock in your vegetable box?!!!!

MtB

It was all there already, in my freezer.

Although I admit, I went out to buy the cabbage.

Are you saying you generally have 'a few water chestnuts' lying about in stock in your vegetable box?!!!!

MtB

Tinned ones yes.... Don't you?

I am a bit weird when it comes to food. I will happily eat anything on the MacDonalds menu (and not even for a bet) and yet I dislike the oddest of other foodstuffs, such as water chestnuts, which I find highly suspicious.

I was 34 before I realised that I liked artichokes, up until that point I thought they were some kind of manky-looking radioactive fish.

Your not along DG - I also like water chestnuts in a stir fry, I also quite like bamboo shoots in a stir fry as well. And yes, we sometimes have a tin of each in the larder :)

I thought both were compulsory stir fry ingredients....queer innit.

A dash of oyster sauce will also go well and depending on the stirfry some bean sprouts and shredded cabbage and carrot.

We would usually have bean sprouts in there but as this was a dish to use up ingredients we had in the fridge it seemed a bit daft going out and buying more!!

What do you actually have in your stir fry?

Onion, meat, garlic, lots of chill-type peppers (not bell peppers) noodles, and maybe something like courgette. I am not a huge fan of Chinese-style noodle stir frys, I tend to find them a bit sweet- also I don't like things like bell pepper, water chestnut, carrot...