decent alternatives to sawley marina.

tjderby

Featured Posts

What you mean? If you had a small leisure craft?

frusty.gif

No,it was my miserable attempt at hummer! , After your comments ref Expensive mooring & same price for bigger boats ect,ect.

So

To make the mooring better value for you,

You could buy a 60ft boat to put on it,,but only use the 40ft of the boat to make it easier for you.

I love living in my own world.it's safe.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Really. Didn't see that. Worth a try.

Further offers available on berthing contracts for vessels purchased through our on-site brokerage.

Would this include boat purchased from sawley brokerage

Thats what is says.. Time to get bartering.. They are only 60% full according to other posts on here, so will be keen to get someone in, I'd have thought.

Tj - you've given away so many clues now you may as well just name the boat - we all know its :- "Mad March Campanologist"

Hey,I just put an offer in on that one, and said I would pay a year's platinum mooring up front to sweeten the deal.

But they are a very fussy marina.arnt they !

They said if I got my hair cut,they might give me a bell.!!!!

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Do you accept that your house is an unusual example, and that the vast majority of houses do have 100A or thereabouts electricity supplies?

I can now confirm that, as of this morning, my electricity supply is no longer "protected" by this lump of cast metal:

DSCF2522_zpsa862fc02.jpg

Which the engineer tells me is a 40Amp thing dating back to the 1930s (spot the dripping tar oozing out of the unit)...and has been replaced by this:

DSCF2525_zps260b3208.jpg

A far less interesting lump of plastic but is now rated at 80Amps.

Life is still more complicated than when I was living aboard though.

Edited by carlt

Was that a professional job? Not impressed with the blue tape on the neutral conductor on an otherwise brown (live-coloured) cable! I would have thought that should have been replaced with cable of the correct colour - ditto the live. Or is it that they are only responsible for the wiring as far as the fuse? (I thought they were responsible for the wiring as far as the meter?).

nicknorman, on 07 Apr 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Was that a professional job? Not impressed with the blue tape on the neutral conductor on an otherwise brown (live-coloured) cable! I would have thought that should have been replaced with cable of the correct colour - ditto the live. Or is it that they are only responsible for the wiring as far as the fuse? (I thought they were responsible for the wiring as far as the meter?).

It's not tape is it - it looks like a heat shrink cover to me....