New boat licensing plans

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I was speaking with a senior staff member from CaRT at the weekend and he informed me that they are looking at introducing a new licensing system next year. Due to the success of the auction system for moorings they are going to implement a similar system for licenses.

All current licenses will be revoked and a fixed number of licenses will be offered for auction each year, across a variety of boat lengths and widths. Any owners who are unable to secure a license will have their boat removed from CaRT waters. This, it is hoped, will address problems of congestion on the network, whilst maximising potential revenues.

Thoughts?

The feature on square eggs on Daybreak was better.

I watch only the radio in the mornings so I missed that - is it BBC breakfast telly?

Somewhere in the back of our kitchen cupboards we have a square egg maker. You boil an egg, shell it and shove it in this implement, leave it to cool, and it comes out square - or rather, cube-shaped as it's three-dimensional.

This is TRUE.