Here's something I sort of invented. U will need:

1 red pepper

1 green pepper

eggs (3 per person seems reasonable?)

bacon

potatoes

spring onions

fresh mushrooms

Boil the potatoes previous evening and let cool. Boil them in their skins. Remove skins when cool. These will get diced (chopped up!) into small pieces (you decide how small).

Peppers - dice them like the potatoes. The mushrooms you can slice. Fry the bacon and cut that into small pieces also, scissors are good for this. Spring onions, used scissors to cut those long green grassy strands, snip! snip! snip! to get a small pile of bits.

Fry potato pieces in a hot frying pan. Fry the peppers. Fry the mushrooms. Do these seperately (ie, NOT potatoes, mushrooms + peppers all together at the same time).

Then chuck peppers, potato pieces, mushrooms & bacon pieces into the hot pan all together mixed up, and pour the already-beaten egg on top, sprinkle the top wet side with the spring onion bits.

Turn over when set enough to do this, I suggest putting a spatula under the omelette rather than being clever and flipping it and then having to scrape it off your ceiling / out of the dog's water dish.

Whole process could take around 2 hours, but those you serve it to will probably like it.

Whilst preparing & cooking you get a chance to sip a decent single malt whisky - Craigellachie, Imperial, Glendronach or Mortlach are all suitable.

Serve with cups of tea with honey rather than sugar in them.

It's the cooking of potatoes and chopping stuff up and frying it first that takes the time - a bit like wallpapering or painting - easy to slap the paper/paint up but it's the preparation that's such a drag. I think 2 hours' work is worth it if your 'victims' gobble it up and say "That was good!". I have another recipe that's labour-intensive, making a note to post it in near future.

I always hated 'whisky' having been introduced to blends such as Johnny Walker / Teachers - sipping stuff like Braes of Glenlivet / Blair Athol whilst cooking is another world. Nice, clean, light whiskies. Tea and whisky go together well, coffee + whisky = not at all.

If you cook 'fast' you will rarely make something that's worth eating.

It's the cooking of potatoes and chopping stuff up and frying it first that takes the time - a bit like wallpapering or painting - easy to slap the paper/paint up but it's the preparation that's such a drag. I think 2 hours' work is worth it if your 'victims' gobble it up and say "That was good!". I have another recipe that's labour-intensive, making a note to post it in near future.

I always hated 'whisky' having been introduced to blends such as Johnny Walker / Teachers - sipping stuff like Braes of Glenlivet / Blair Athol whilst cooking is another world. Nice, clean, light whiskies. Tea and whisky go together well, coffee + whisky = not at all.

Just reminded me of a Christmas memory- My dad always had a drop of whiskey in his last cup of tea at Christmas time- I also remember a tot of rum or brandy in coffee, but can't remember if that was at Christmas as well- Gosh that was a few years ago. He also used to buy a pack of cigars at Christmas and would dip the mouth end in a brandy before lighting (don't try dipping the other end). As an adult- we shared this experience over a few Christmasses- before I gave up smoking

Sorry but I have to disagree.

No, no, no - not whisky IN tea! Yuk! Sip whisky seperately, a minute later some tea - repeat process a few times.

Are there any examples of food cooked fast which are worth eating? (microwaved pizza perhaps?)

Stir fry- quick easy healthy and as flavoursome as you make it