Shocking News Concerning Well Known Coal Boater

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

are you really saying where was her mother ?

Are you reading a different post?

The meaning of starry's post is pretty clear to anybody with the ability to read.

Don't try to make it into something it's not.

That Garry Glitter blokes attire more or less fitted my description of dodgy perverts. And I must of course say this, that there are of course a few harmless blokes who's holidays attire fits my description also. Some of em wear all those flash togs and gold all the time during the summer and not just for visits to Thailand and holidays.

My time in Cambodia , I used to see Gary glitter quite often , he used to live on an island on the same road as my friend , my friend always pointed him out to me and say there Gary Gliter , I always never belived him , it was only when his picture was in the press I belived it was him , he did dress like some idiot

Also shocked that this latest crime occured at Braunston last year, having seen him there talking to a woman and presumed daughter whom I now wonder if that was the vitcim.

That's my feelings and thoughts too. Remember passing him a few times on the way to the bar, etc in the evenings.

I can't beleive I've only just become aware of this. Didn't know him well at all and TBH found him too cocky for my liking (not that that's relevant) and sort of dominant/domineering in his body language and manner. Like he's trying to get your to take a step back because he's in your personal space, but you won't do it because you're stubborn (or maybe that's just me). but I got the same sort of story as Junior on the couple of occasions I spoke to him socially. Also shocked that this latest crime occured at Braunston last year, having seen him there talking to a woman and presumed daughter whom I now wonder if that was the vitcim.

exactly what I thought of him, I did talk to him when he passed by, but he was not someone I would trust. Glad I didn't now. Some people just have an aura that says to me avoid.

I thought Hills owned the boats. Tom Hill if I remember correct.

good luck on the nonce wing.

Im not sure what you are getting at, I read it as you are in the guilty parties camp, maybe Ive read it wrong?

a bit of both.

He has been caught, tried and found guilty of a crime. He has been sentenced to serve time at her pleasure. Maybe a too short a sentence, but for the authorities to allow another crime to be committed in a prison is out of order.

I personally think prison is too good for this crime. However that is how it is.

I DON'T mean offence to anyone.

Martyn.

Edited by Nightwatch

Pleading guilty at the first opportunity also means that far less police and CPS resources are tied up in bringing a prosecution, so staff are able to work on other cases.

If there was no reduced sentence for a guilty plea, why would any accused ever admit to anything?

Sadly, courts interpret early guilty plea as when the accused comes before Crown Court. By then most of the police work, and a lot of CPS work has been done as MtB points out in #102. To me, early guilty plea should start with co-operation in interview and be a sliding scale the closer they get to Crown.

On the second point we could always try 50% INCREASE in sentence for wasting everybody's time.

George ex nb Alton retired

I think a large part of why I find this so shocking is because it happened at Braunston rally, something that many of us love and that many of us were at at the time that his latest offense happened.

I don't have kids so I don't view things through the eyes of a parent. but if I was a parent as well as a boater I can well imagine myself thinking of the rally as something that it was ok to relax at and maybe not watch the kids as closely as I might in other situations, because it is so busy and so full of friends and people I know.

My thoughts exactly.

So brave of the girl to come forward. I hope she is ok.

• Greenie 1

No reason why Archimedes and Ara should stay together. Ara was always a Star class, and I remember it being paired with another Star class, Callisto, back in 1999 or 2000. Archimedes use to be paired with Australia; I think they swapped about a dozen years ago.

Oh! Won't somebody think of the poor boats! What will happen to the boats now! Who will love them and care for them! Will they be split up, loaned out, left to rot? SO tragic!

Really, though?

Big picture, priorities, seriously.

Edited by Starcoaster
  • Greenie 2

Oh! Won't somebody think of the poor boats! What will happen to the boats now! Who will love them and care for them! Will they be split up, loaned out, left to rot? SO tragic!

Really, though?

Big picture, priorities, seriously.

It's a boating forum. People are interested in boats.

It is possible to be disgusted with the individual and interested in the fate of the boats at the same time.

• Greenie 1

a bit of both.

He has been caught, tried and found guilty of a crime. He has been sentenced to serve time at her pleasure. Maybe a too short a sentence, but for the authorities to allow another crime to be committed in a prison is out of order.

I personally think prison is too good for this crime. However that is how it is.

I DON'T mean offence to anyone.

Martyn.

Right got it, thanks.

I will say a relative of mine was inside and he told me things that happened to people who messed with children.

yes as you say its against the law, but then eveyone inside is there because they broke the law, and Im sure they will do it again.

I used to work with a guy who had been inside and he was a proper rum bugger, nice but I dont think it would have been wise to upset him, especially as he was the crane driverclapping.gif

Nothing can now undo what Bill has done, and no amount of disgust posted by any of us is actually likely to do one iota to help his victim.

On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of situation that may cause some misguided idiot to go and torch the boats, particularly if they believe (wrongly it seems) that he owns or part owns them.

If someone decides to do that while they actually have a caretaker living on them, an even worse human tragedy than has already happened could result.

It doesnt to me seem unreasonable to discuss the boats and anyone who could be affected if someone decided to hand out some self appointed "justice".

If any one cares to look there is quite a good video of Archemedes and Ara on VIMEO but bearing in mind the current circumstances I am not putting a link to it.

It is one of a number of good quality videos uploaded on there by one of the other coal boat owners (and forum member). I'm sure that he, as most of us who thought we knew James, is totally sickened and shocked by this. I have been told that (as he is one of the other London coal boats) he has been getting a bit of greif, although these reports are via the towpath telegraph rather than from him direct. I also know that Dom on 'Baron' hasn't been backward in coming forward on Facebook and making his thoughts public, but then he never has I don't think! I guess word has got out in London among some non-boaters that 'one of the coal boat guys has been kiddy fiddling' and they are all suffering as a result. Fingers crossed things don't get too bad for them now the story has gone public.

As a side note, on the occasions I met James he had a lovely little 'Staffie' on the boat which he told me was his. I hope it is being looked after well and not in some rescue centre.

Edited by junior

junior, on 26 Mar 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

It is one of a number of good quality videos uploaded on there by one of the other coal boat owners (and forum member). I'm sure that he, as most of us who thought we knew James, is totally sickened and shocked by this. I have been told that (as he is one of the other London coal boats) he has been getting a bit of greif, although these reports are via the towpath telegraph rather than from him direct. I also know that Dom on 'Baron' hasn't been backward in coming forward on Facebook and making his thoughts public, but then he never has I don't think! I guess word has got out in London among some non-boaters that 'one of the coal boat guys has been kiddy fiddling' and they are all suffering as a result. Fingers crossed things don't get too bad for them now the story has gone public.

Hopefully this now being in the wider public domain it will set the record straight and help clear up any possible misunderstandings regarding any of the other coal boat operators.