Mooring in Paris

Rita Bosaid

Featured Posts

We would like to move our 13.5m long, 4.1m beam motor cruiser from St Jean de Losne in France to Paris, in December this year, 2014.

We missed out on securing a berth at The Arsenal despite sitting on their waiting list since August 2013.

Does anyone know any other good mooring options for marina's in Paris where we can access the metro and enjoy Christmas there this year? The boat would then necessarily stay until the following June.

Welcome to the forum Rita.

There may be a small number of members who can help with your query but the number of French boating members on here is actually very small. You might wish to try asking your question on the Dutch Barges Association forum if you haven't already done so. I suspect you will stand more chance of getting responses there. (though somebody on here may know)

DBA web site

There is a nice little port de plaisance at Nogent sur Marne which is near Paris. I haven't boated there (yet) but have walked about it seemed OK. Not sure its close enough to the smelly city for you though.

There is a nice little port de plaisance at Nogent sur Marne which is near Paris. I haven't boated there (yet) but have walked about it seemed OK. Not sure its close enough to the smelly city for you though.

15 minutes by RER to the centre of Paris. Public transport in the Île de France is good, frequent and fairly cheap.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

As written before, the moored is expensive and very difficult to find in Paris. I am on a waiting list for 3 or 4 years now.

Also have a location for a few months not very interested Marinas who prefer the certainty of annual rent sad.png

Maybe look a little further would be a solution: There is of course the subway you already know but there is also the RER...
So you could search further in the South for example, on the Seine, as Draveil / Juvisy (25 km South of Paris). There, the marina "Port aux Cerises" is nice, and more easily accept the passing boats, if there is space. It is only big fifteen minutes from the center of Paris.

http://portauxcerises.ucpa.com/espaces/port-plaisance/presentation/

If you are interested, I can make you a small list of Marinas of this style with the coordinates for contact ...

Best regards,

Laurent

Edited by Dream On

15 minutes by RER to the centre of Paris. Public transport in the Île de France is good, frequent and fairly cheap.

Thank you, I have taken you up on that and booked Nogent Sur Marne.

Hello,

As written before, the moored is expensive and very difficult to find in Paris. I am on a waiting list for 3 or 4 years now.

Also have a location for a few months not very interested Marinas who prefer the certainty of annual rent sad.png

Maybe look a little further would be a solution: There is of course the subway you already know but there is also the RER...

So you could search further in the South for example, on the Seine, as Draveil / Juvisy (25 km South of Paris). There, the marina "Port aux Cerises" is nice, and more easily accept the passing boats, if there is space. It is only big fifteen minutes from the center of Paris.

If you are interested, I can make you a small list of Marinas of this style with the coordinates for contact ...

Best regards,

Laurent

Hello Laurent

What excellent information! I do thank you for your offer to help with contact details..... But your link provided me with the FFPP website.Very informative with all of it's marinas listed and mapped geographically. This will be our constant resource. My limited french is able to glean most facts....except I REALLY do wish the marinas would list their email addresses. Phoning with such poor language skills makes it more difficult than it needs to be. Google translate enables us to communicate easily by email.....As it happens.... We ended up booking Nogent sur Marne. "Port aux Cerises" however looks better. Next time!!

Hello,

Best regards,

Laurent

Hello again Laurent....Forgot to address the 3-4 year waiting time you mentioned...THAT puts it all in perspective! Now I know what to expect....thanks!!!!

Noseplugs. And guerilla deodorant. ninja.gif

Why? are there hordes of guerillas roaming the streets of Paris? If so i would suggest you arm yourself with something more effective than noseplugs and deodorant.

Try some bananas or tea bags.bound to be more effective..

We ended up booking Nogent sur Marne.

The port of Nogent is nice and near Paris.
You'll be fine.
The highway is too close for me and always noisy but being moored in the country, I became sensitive :D
Nice trip on French rivers :)
2gspxjt.jpg