Are People Who Live On Boats Second Class Citizens?

Andy Kayll

Featured Posts

Mine rocks less than any 'normal' shoebox narrowboat I've ever been on. Then again, I filled the deep bilges with concrete and then the bookshelves were filled . . .

A bit extreme Nigel, filling the shelves with concrete.

Pish off you, you have an unhealthy obsession with trying to convince me to overplate my boat! biggrin.png

Your boat is fine Starry,no need for extra girth.

It is not so much an obsession but a realisation if I was younger and a Newbie live-aboard I would be very pleased to own a Springer.

These noble and Venerable craft make a strong statement about their owners.

Like owning an early VW camper or a "Rat" Motorcycle, Springer ownership creates Kudos and credibility in abundance.

If I were to buy one,it would have to be overplated.

In an episode of fools and horses,Boycey once said that Peckham was a peaceful village with maidens dancing round the Mapole,

Then the Trotters Turned up in a STOLEN ZEPHYR and it all went down hill

I have often been told that i have an Esoteric sense of humour,I find it difficult to Disassociate STOLEN ZEPHYR with OVERPLATED SPRINGER

does that make sense to you?

CT

If you were to own one, why would it have to have been overplated though? This is what confuses me. smile.png

I don't know what a Zephyr is, but as someone who comes from Peckham, it ain't no peacful village. biggrin.png I suspect I am failing to grasp things due to missing the references you mention.

Edited by Starcoaster

If you were to own one, why would it have to have been overplated though? This is what confuses me. smile.png

I don't know what a Zephyr is, but as someone who comes from Peckham, it ain't no peacful village. biggrin.png

Ford Zephyr a saloon car from the 50'-60s

Overplating is essential,i have boatbuilding skills and one day i might just replicate a springer just to breathe in the Ethnic purity of owning such a classic and much maligned craft

It is all obvious really.

CT