Charging an iPod on a boat

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

I went through a couple of non-genuine leads with mixed success before bowing to the fact that on this Apple have got you and bought a second genuine lead for the boat. There is no problem in using the genuine lead with a USB extension cable though if you need it longer, as it is right now with my phone sat between the cratch cover and the top "plank" to the cratch board, but plugged into the charger by the TV. I am using it as a router of course, not making phone calls!

For anybody who wants a genuine lead for an iPhone 5/5S and the new iPads this seller has them for less than half the price of what Apple charge.

I have two from them and they work fine with my 5S with no complaints via. the phone that it is not a genuine lead. I also messaged him prior to buying and he confirmed they were definitely genuine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Apple-iPhone-5-iPad-Air-iPod-Lightning-USB-Sync-Charge-Cable-MD818ZM-A-/360804486266?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item54019f8c7a