New Marina at North Kilworth

Kwacker

Featured Posts

As per the planning application, the stream is being diverted around the marina (you can see it on the South View), and I'd imagine they will do that first.

To the best of my knowledge, the guys at Debdale are doing all the work themselves, so it won't happen overnight.

Edited by Kwacker

To the best of my knowledge, they guys at Debdale are doing all the work themselves, so it won't happen overnight.

Not if the workshop building is anything to go by! I have heard though that they are getting contractors in to do the main part of the digging but not sure how reliable that is.

Tom

Great afternoon for a motorbike ride, so I popped over again.

This is the brook that somebody mentioned, it will be re-directed over to the right hand side of the site.

JCB working this afternoon with a trailer. Scrub and branches being burned.

20140313_150442-PANO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I find it very exciting seeing the birth of a new marina, especially one that looks as though it will blend with the landscape, rather than just a rectangular pit with pontoons.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plenty of action (and noise) as they continue to work on the new bed for the stream. Looks like they've done a test scrape in the middle of where the actual marina will be as well.

I noticed from the plans that there will be both a Chandlery and a Boat Brokerage

14%2B-%2B3-PANO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Full steam ahead!

Stream now in its new bed, action all over the site.

A small earth dam diverts the stream from it's original route meandering off to the left into it's man-made bed to the right ... waterside plants transplanted to give it a head start ..... C & RT gnomes still overseeing the works.

14%2B-%2B1-PANO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No sign of the original watercourse now and the final shape is now becoming evident. Much of the marina itself has been dug out.

The entrance from the canal will be on the far side of the site just left of centre where the small patch of green is. The canalside hedge has been grubbed out and steel barriers erected.

I noticed that now the stream has been successfully redirected, the EA / C&RT gnomes have left, at least they've moved off the bridge.

Marina%2B11Oct14.jpg

Edited by Kwacker

17th October, my poor iPhone photo fails to show the changes, but much of the marina is now formed and the stream looks like it was always there.

Sad that the gnomes have gone, but maybe they have moved to oversee the building of the entrance.

Kilworth-Marina-17-oct.jpg

Edited by Kwacker

I see many posts on here that are negative with regard to the waterways, I just think it is marvelous to witness the birth of something positive, involving huge amounts of investment of both money and skill.

Edited by Kwacker
  • Greenie 2