New Marina at North Kilworth

Kwacker

Featured Posts

Driving through North Kilworth last Wednesday, I noticed that the site for the new marina has been cleared.

The plans look good to me, not just another boring rectangle, this one should blend very nicely into the landscape.

• Greenie 1

Before Yelvertoft opened there was an obvious gap in the market in this area.

Is Yelvertoft full?

If the new marina is good and reasonably priced it won't matter that Yevertoft is full or not.

However having a bit of competition in the area could be good for the boater wishing to moor around there as marinas will have to have keener prices to attract boats.

Taken this lunchtime.

The old marina (now under new management) is just visible through the trees on the left.

I'm going to try and repeat the photo every week, it'll give me a great excuse to bunk off work and get out on my motorbike.

20140311_131905-PANO.jpg

Edited by Kwacker

Taken this lunchtime.

The old marina (now under new management) is just visible through the trees on the left.

I'm going to try and repeat the photo every week, it'll give me a great excuse to bunk off work and get out on my motorbike.

20140311_131905-PANO.jpg

Looks a better option than Pillings already.

If it went under it it would probably involve it dipping down, under and popping up again on the other side which would attract air locks in the low stretch. Ok I suppose if they install a big bleed nipple in it though.

When I first travelled the Leicester line in 1982 it was gloriousely empty and totally rural between Foxton and the Watford locks. I don't remember seeing any marinas or boatyards just the odd wharf or two. I didn't see another boat on the move either and none as far as I can remember moored, marvelous, it was November though. I fished an ill and distressed pigeon out of the canal there and made a bed in the little warm airing cupboard for it but it died. sad.png

When I first travelled the Leicester line in 1982 it was gloriousely empty and totally rural between Foxton and the Watford locks. I don't remember seeing any marinas or boatyards just the odd wharf or two. I didn't see another boat on the move either and none as far as I can remember moored, marvelous, it was November though. I fished an ill and distressed pigeon out of the canal there and made a bed in the little warm airing cupboard for it but it died. sad.png

Lovely story and well done for trying to save the pigeon.

Ian

Knowing Mike at Debdale he will be doing this with his own equipment and taking his time. Yes with Crick expanded and Yelvertoft we thought it might start getting crowded but so far last year and this it's been fairly quiet and you can still find lonely spots.