Radio 4 Programme

Featured Posts

Radio 4 are currently airing a short series of shows in which Dylan Winter meets people who have chosen an unusual place to live.

The episode this afternoon was the 3rd of 5 and featured a retired man on a who's a continuous cruiser on a narrowboat

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.s.../keepyourbricks

It's only 15 minutes long.

Enjoy!

Radio 4 are currently airing a short series of shows in which Dylan Winter meets people who have chosen an unusual place to live.

The episode this afternoon was the 3rd of 5 and featured a retired man on a who's a continuous cruiser on a narrowboat

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.s.../keepyourbricks

It's only 15 minutes long.

Enjoy!

can I get it as a podcast thing?

I used the link and it started straight away.

I havent got that techy yet :P

One option would be to play it in RealPlayer. You might be able to save it from there

this is true, but I don't like real player - it messes up the computer. I will access it on someone I know who does have it.

I've just listened to the programme and found it interesting. It wasn't clear whether the chap lives alone on the boat, though that was the impression I gained. The interviewer seemed to know a bit about the subject too, which is not always the case. This ensured he asked only sensible questions rather than daft ones.

Steve

I've just listened to it, and also found it interesting, mind you the owners sounded a bit 'mic shy' about as much interest in his speaking as a goldfish.

Looking at Tony's excellent ariel photos, it struck me how packed the boats are. Ok, living on linear moorings are close enough, but in a marina??? This was mentioned on the program, a case for being a CCer if ever I saw one.

I also listened to this, which, as said above was interesting..in fact the whole series thus far has been good listening..

I also found a listen again womans hour article about women who lived aboard..brief but worth a listen...link below :P

womans hour liveaboard article