Fosse Wharf Elsan Point

p6rob

Featured Posts

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum but.

The Elsan Point at Fosse Wharf has been demolished. It was there, in all it's grotty glory, the other week. Ended up driving to Hatton with the poo cassette on Saturday.

Haven't been able to find any mention of it on the C&RT website, so don't know if the Fosse Wharf Elsan is being rebuilt.

Rob

Email from C&RT today:

Notice Alert

Culvert 51A to Bridge 32, Fosse Road Bridge

Wednesday 5 March 2014 16:45 until further notice

Type: Advice
Reason: Repair

Original message:

The Customer Service Facilities at Fosse Way are currently being re-built and is not available for use.

You can use the private facilities at Calcutt Marina, but they may charge for this.

We will update this notice once the facilities are re-opened.

Dropped some rubbish off at Cropredy on Tuesday. To say the waste compound was full is an understatement. Perhaps they have asked Biffa not to 'do' the bins until after the rebuild. A little too early.

Martyn.

• 7 years later...
16 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I didn't see it but Diana said the stainless bowl is out in the open with some low brick walls

In an idea world, all Elsan points would be of the outside variety. So much more pleasant than a smelly shed.

MP.

13 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

In an idea world, all Elsan points would be of the outside variety. So much more pleasant than a smelly shed.

MP.

So that's why the one at Alvecote is like that. I thought that Mr. Burge was still saving up to have a roof built over it.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

So that's why the one at Alvecote is like that. I thought that Mr. Burge was still saving up to have a roof built over it.

I thought he was going to last year when the bricks arrived and the concrete went down but they just built a low wall for some reason beside it. There is a grand one like that somewhere on the River Avon