Canals on TV

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Yes saw a trailer for it yesterday. It appears to be a series of journeys with Prunella Scales and Timothy West on their narrowboat.

I saw that too. I must say I was surprised by how inept they appeared for a couple who've been boating such a long time.

I saw that too. I must say I was surprised by how inept they appeared for a couple who've been boating such a long time.

Probably because if they did it well the 'entertainment value' would be lost.

Walked past them filming at the bottom of the Caen flight last year while we were all waiting for a lock to be repaired, he had a very large glass of red in his hand and seemed to have crew on board helping him (driving the boat not drinking). Had a quick chat, he seemed very pleasant.

Wonder how many bottles of red they went through filming and whether they claimed them as expensescheers.gif

Maybe that's something I could count as I watch then multiply by approximate "takes"

Edited by patty-ann

Walked past them filming at the bottom of the Caen flight last year while we were all waiting for a lock to be repaired, he had a very large glass of red in his hand and seemed to have crew on board helping him (driving the boat not drinking). Had a quick chat, he seemed very pleasant.

They moored next to us at Bradford on Avon. Didn't see her but saw him - again with a large glass of wine :) They seemed to have a huge crew "helping".

I hid in the cabin as soon as I saw the cameras....

It was announced today by hubby Tomothy West that Prunella is sadly battling Alzheimers. Regarding their continued enjoyment of the canals he said "She can't remember things very well, but you don't have to remember things on the canal. You can just enjoy things as they happen - so it's perfect for her." A lot to be said for that.

I'm looking forward to watching the series.

Edited by Kendal

It was announced today by hubby Tomothy West that Prunella is sadly battling Alzheimers. Regarding their continued enjoyment of the canals he said "She can't remember things very well, but you don't have to remember things on the canal. You can just enjoy things as they happen - so it's perfect for her." A lot to be said for that.

I'm looking forward to watching the series.

The Telegraph had this as a front page story today, not very often a canal series gets such publicity:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10673583/Prunella-Scales-suffering-a-sort-of-mild-Alzheimers.html

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

It was announced today by hubby Tomothy West that Prunella is sadly battling Alzheimers. Regarding their continued enjoyment of the canals he said "She can't remember things very well, but you don't have to remember things on the canal. You can just enjoy things as they happen - so it's perfect for her." A lot to be said for that. I'm looking forward to watching the series.

i heard him on the radio the other day and it was very moving. Hopefully the series will not only help promote the canals, but more importantly the plight of those suffering Alzheimers and those that care for them.

on another note.... Channel 4 have the K&A down as 21 miles!