How tricky to convert pump out toilet to cassette please?

Sas

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...

Back to the practicalities of replacing a pump-out system with a cassette one, I wonder if anyone here is familiar enough with Thetford cassette toilets to say how one might fit the toilet so as to easily remove the cassette itself.  This is a picture of an identical bathroom to ours; the waste tank is on the other side of the bulkhead with the mirror on it, under the bed.  All the diagrams of Thetford cassette toilets I've seen show the cassette being removed from the BACK of the unit, i.e. reached from the other side of a bulkhead.  Is that the only way they work or can the entire unit swivel for removal?  

Aqualine2.jpg

Thetford cassette toilets have bowls which can be rotated. So on a narrowboat the toilet is usually fitted against the side bulkhead so the cassette can be removed from the corridor. In your case it looks like you would need to swap the toilet and washbasin positions to achieve this.

13 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Thetford cassette toilets have bowls which can be rotated. So on a narrowboat the toilet is usually fitted against the side bulkhead so the cassette can be removed from the corridor. In your case it looks like you would need to swap the toilet and washbasin positions to achieve this.

If the toilet location allows, you can also rotate the bowl when you are bored with the view and fancy a change!

Jen ?

On 22/02/2014 at 21:53, Sas said:

Never travelled First Class JR but train toilets smell the same whatever class you go surely?! Poo is poo .....and yes SO reminiscent of holding tanks!!!!

I often travel advance first on long journeys, they often don't cost much more, you usually get few and watered [red wine or white] but of course most of my journeys only have a few hours first class. I always avoid standard class loos, if possible. They are for the proletariat. :) 

If I was buying a newish widebeam with a loo of any sort, I would try it out first. You can't expect public loos to be in the same condition as private loos, though there are exceptions. I always wear gloves when travelling on mass transport. I  think I might add disposable gloves to my travel kit.

Edited by LadyG